332

Maisie had never thought Jennie could be alive. She had strongly convinced herself and everyone around her as Jennie is dead. Hence she never expected to be addressed as 'mom' by the woman named Ruby Jane.

So the thoughts of Ruby Jane being Jennie started to appear in her mind. In the past, Jennie had nothing and she was too young. Now, Ruby Jane has everything and she is much more powerful than them.

She didn't want to see Jennie more powerful than her. She wasn't ready to accept that, "No... No, you are not that Jinx." She still didn't utter 'Jennie' name.

Ruby Jane was glad Maisie didn't give her name. Else her name would have been 'Jinx' instead of a curse.

.

Slowly it clicked in Maisie's mind why Mino was going roundabout pressing them as friend and friend. He was from Skylar and Ruby Jane is the president of it. All the while they were busy thinking about how to swindle money from Hayden, they didn't even think of different possibilities.

"You bought my house, you bloody witch." She pointed her finger at Ruby Jane in fury.

Alex had thought the woman was going to beg and cry. He was taken aback when she turned into a shrew.

Ruby Jane had a satisfied smile when she straightened her back. Maisie feared the power, at the same time, her disgust for her own daughter was more than it. Maisie proved it to her again. Instead of being sad about it, Ruby Jane was happy. Because what was the fun of playing unconscious or timid people?

"How could a mother don't recognize her daughter?" She gleefully said. As she turned to Alex, "If you don't mind, could you get me a tub of water... Thank you, Alex."

"Sure, Young Madam." Alex extended his hand to give her umbrella back to her, "You don't have to strain your hands, Young madam." He wanted her to beat Maisie with the umbrella instead of aching her hands.

Ruby Jane took the umbrella and pressed the end of the tip on the floor and looked at Maisie. The latter's eyes were wide thinking Ruby Jane was going to beat her. Ruby Jane rolled her eyes, "Come on Mom, you might be the worst mother on the earth. I wouldn't be a daughter who beats you."

Maisie's eyes glinted darkly. As soon as Ruby Jane turned around she lunged at her. Ruby Jane smoothly shifted her position.

'Thump.'

Maisie tripped when she caught nothing and fell on her face. She rolled on the floor, groaning in pain.

To the world and everyone, Maisie was a socialite. Elegant, classy, gentle, and whatnot. But for Jennie, Maisie was none of it. She was worse than a shrew. She looked at Ruby Jane like an archenemy.

So why will Ruby Jane expect Maisie to behave like a woman around her?

"Oops, mom I forgot to tell you that I am no more a dumb daughter of yours." She snickered.

How could Maisie accept she was crying on the floor and his daughter was laughing at her?

Ignoring the pain, she snarled at Ruby Jane, "I don't have a daughter. You are the jinx. A jinx I am cursed with."

Lisa stepped inside the villa right at the time to hear it. His face turned dark and colder. He clenched his teeth and curled his fingers into tight fists.

Some people don't learn, whatsoever. Maisie belonged to the same category as Seungri.

The sounds of the strong steps resounded in the villa. Ruby Jane peeked and saw Lisa was in all black, matching her outfit. She ignored her mother and reached him. Her hands reached his shoulders carefully holding the umbrella away. "You are so quick. Did you complete work?" She doubted. She was sure he got ready and followed her.