368

Nikun watched his sister thinking deep so he let her be. He went to the bathroom to fetch a wet towel and returned to her. He craved to slap that on her face but held back and wiped her face. He made sure she didn't look scary.

He shoved her things into her bag hearing hundreds of her questions. He dragged her out and left her at the door.  "Now deal with your life."

'Thud.' He shut the door.

Chaeyoung looked around and shouted at her brother, "Are you really my brother? How could you throw me out of the house?"

Nikun opened the door hearing her, "I would prefer to kick you out."

'Thud.' He again shut the door on her face.

Chaeyoung: "..."

Nikun watched his sister from a window. She dilly-dallied at the door for a long time. He knew she had questions, confusions, those weren't something he could respond to. She has to find the answers to them. He wanted her to face the trouble herself instead of running away as she did from their home.

After something, he smiled seeing her encouraging herself and leaving from there. If she genuinely likes Jisoo and Jisoo feels the same, he would personally speak with his family without trouble. His grandparents won't get a chance to reject or find a flaw in the Manoban family.

He stretched going towards the kitchen. He prepared the dinner, made a video call to Mehak, and went to bed early.

A good sleep before the battle.

----

At Manoban mansion,

Ruby Jane was hiding behind Lisa, cursing her two friends when Jisoo was over dramatically elaborating what she and Lisa did in the afternoon, disregarding the different client meetings they were at.

Jordan was slicing the apple for Zelda and the latter shook her head in resignation. She turned to Connor, "Connor, why didn't you make your son like you?"

Ruby Jane peeked out and remarked before Connor could say anything, "Grandfather Jordan's genes are good." She indirectly appreciated her husband.

Everyone burst into laughter leaving Zelda speechless. Jordan was proud of himself and his grandson, "That's like my granddaughter-in-law."

Zelda squinted her eyes at her husband and Jordan immediately flipped, "I like Connor. He is so caring, patient."

Well, it only brought another round of laughter.

Although Zelda didn't actually laugh, she looked happy. Jordan was energetic more than ever. The family was lively and cheerful, talking about nothing important but some nonsense.

Everyone was continuing to talk about some random fun topic or teasing one another when they heard a maid announce the arrival of Chaeyoung. They turned to the end of the entrance corridor.

Chaeyoung stood, watching everyone having a smile. "Hello everyone." She greeted as her eyes brushed over each one and halted at Jisoo, who didn't look at her even once.

Karsen called her inside, "Come, sit with us, Chaeyoung" He invited her to join them.

Chaeyoung hesitantly shook her head with her eyes staying on Jisoo, 'No more running away.' She encouraged herself. "Jisoo, I need to talk to you."

Everyone's gaze moved between the two. Ruby Jane and Ruby Jane looked at each other and Jordan and Megan did the same.

Jisoo wanted to turn her down, however, he wanted to avoid others assuming anything. Turning to her with a fake smile, "Yes!?" He asked her to speak right there.