355

"President Harmon, will you believe me if I say I have the right to lead this meeting?"

Only the Chairman could lead the meeting of shareholders. Discerning her words, Seungri furrowed and Martin looked at Elder Harmon who leisurely sipped the water. The shareholders gasped. They started to murmur, questioning if Ruby Jane bought all the shares from Elder Harmon.

At the same time, Alex pulled a paper out of his blazer and slapped it in front of Seungri. Ruby Jane announced, "I have the power of attorney, President Harmon." She was more than eligible to be there.

Entering the board of directors should be approved by the rest of the shareholders. So she had planned to enter as Elder Harmon's assistant. However, Elder Harmon was reluctant to call her as an assistant. So he handed the legal paper in the morning. It proves how much he had trust in her.

Seungri had many times tried to get the sign-on power of attorney from Elder Harmon, he couldn't believe he gave it to Ruby Jane.

Ruby Jane grabbed the file that was in front of Elder Harmon. Turning around to face the shareholders, Ruby Jane came to the point without more delay. Her voice was clear and audible enough to reach the ears of shareholders, "I, Ruby Jane, object to this mindless deal." She twirled and dropped the file on the table, in front of Martin.

Elder Harmon realized Ruby Jane came late because she expected the entry of the Parker family. He relaxed without worry. He could leave from there and take a rest but he wanted to see what she had in her basket.

Martin was impressed by her way of introduction to him. However, he glared at her black dazzling orbs. Whatsoever, he couldn't see any change in her expression, "I don't care." He sneered. If he gets maximum support from the shareholder, her words hold no value.

Yet, there was no line of anger or worry, or nervousness on her face. She had that smile that doubts one if they were imagining or she was smiling. "My thoughts are the same." Her mellow voice reached only to the people close to her.

Martin gritted his teeth and controlled himself from using any swear words at her. She simply meant she doesn't care about his opinion either. She was meticulous. He understood why her husband was head over heels in love with her. He snorted in his mind and saw her face the shareholders.

Ruby Jane looked at the confused shareholders and questioned, "Before signing the papers, would you like to know the reason behind my opinion?"

The old men closer to the head of the table nodded in response. They discerned that Ruby Jane was going to help Elder Harmon to clean the mess. For some unknown reason, they trusted her more than the two men who were fighting for the position.

The other shareholder looked at each other and nodded. A person spoke, "President Evans, it would be helpful if you could elaborate. We can't just accept your decision without a proper reason."

Ruby Jane was glad they weren't following her like fools. She wanted more people to be proactive instead of sitting like the dead. She wasn't Seungri.

The same middle-aged man tried to stand for Martin. He stood up and spat at her, "President Evans, this isn't your company to play around."

Ruby Jane's hand slowly pulled the copy of power of attorney and simply stated pointing to the paper, "Yet, I have the authority to remove you from the board of directors. Do you want to try?"

Martin was repulsed at the stupidity of the man. Well, he needed such a man to report to him.

The middle-aged man was infuriated. "You-"

Ruby Jane cut in, leaving the paper on the table, "I will come back to you, Mr. Sanders. Have patience till then." She signaled him to sit. She needs to tell the shareholder about Martin's attractive offer before coming to the link between Sanders and Martin.