321

At Maple Regency,

Sean ignored his brother at the door and went to the living hall. He grumpily sat down without speaking or saying hai to anybody. Eliza lifted her brows at Aeon asking why Sean's mood was spoiled. Aeon shook his head in response.

Aeon had expected Sean to burst in joy after spending so much time with Ruby Jane. Then he thought Sean might have confessed to Ruby Jane and got rejected. Keeping his calm, he sat next to Sean and asked. "How was your dinner with President Evans?"

Eliza frowned hearing Aeon mention dinner with Ruby Jane. She didn't prefer Ruby Jane meeting Sean which would give false hope to Sean. She stayed quiet to listen to two brothers.

Sean knew he shouldn't be angry at his brother. It was Ruby Jane's choice if she wanted one to have her contact details or not. Anyhow he displayed his displeasure for Lisa's presence, "Everything was great, till that man came. He definitely knows I like Ruby Jane, yet he treated me nicely. Was he trying to mock me? He is so annoying. Ugh."

Eliza and Aeon didn't have to use many brain cells to guess the annoying man as Lisa. Aeon was surprised not just Ruby Jane, Lisa took his time out despite knowing they put Ruby Jane in trouble. That unconditional support to Ruby Jane was something only Lisa could give.

Sean continued to throw his frustration out on Lisa, "I am sure that man was jealous because Ruby Jane was with me. He came to announce his claim over her. He is so devious." He tried to make himself feel good.

Eliza could feel the envy of Sean. But she felt like Sean was misunderstanding the couple.

Aeon grunted, "Sean..." He had thought Ruby Jane must have told Sean about his life in danger. Hearing him blaming Lisa for his time with Ruby Jane, he chose to let him know the reality, "Who told you President Evans was there to spend time with you?"

Sean stilled and turned to his brother hearing his serious tone. He could have argued back given a chance but Aeon continued without a pause.

Aeon neither raised his voice nor became angry. His voice was firm and pressing, "She was there because Seungri planned to kill you as soon as you step out of the institute. She wasted time there with you because she was waiting for Seungri's men to leave. Of course, her husband would be there to protect her. Respect Sean, they saved us from falling into Seungri's hands and they aren't obliged to do any of these." Aeon knew he and his family owed Ruby Jane so much that he wouldn't be able to return with anything. If not being helpful at the moment, he didn't want to talk rubbish behind their back. He valued each of their actions.

Sean's head buzzed hearing Seungri planned to kill him. He heard no other words. He recalled Seungri smoothly slitting the throat of his men and shivered. The fear clutched his throat, making it hard to breathe. His eyes stared at the void, visioning Seungri doting on him and then killing him.

Eliza was shocked to hear everything Aeon mentioned. She didn't know what to say or how to react. She should have expected such incidents to arrive but she couldn't help but get scared all over. She had thought Seungri let go of them when he didn't try to do anything for so many days.

Now that Seungri started his hunt, "He will kill us." She mumbled. She had seen Seungri for so many years and how he deals with people, "He won't stop until he kills us." She mumbled again, fear gracing her beautiful face and her cracking voice.

Aeon watched Sean frightened and Eliza losing her confidence. He couldn't believe those two were back to zero with their fear as soon as something happened.

The rest of the evening went on coaxing the two and encouraging them to be brave. He couldn't promise them cent percent safety but he gave them hope that everything could be alright.