Chapter 45 Cats and Birds

After the seventh base is conquered, Yuya, Yuni, Yuzu, Vivian, Reisho, and Katrina are on their way back to the Duel Lodge, on their way, they find a lot of cats running past them. Katrina asks, "What's going on? How are there so many cats?"

"Let's see." Yuni says as they rush towards the direction of the cats, and then they bump into four people as well.

"Ow..." Yuya and his siblings look up and see that they bump into Yuri, Sona, Serena, and Sora. Yuya asks, "What are you guys doing here?"

Yuri says, "We are about to ask the same question. But it seems that Serena has sensed some cats nearby."

"Yeah, it is quite weird, so we are here to check it out." Serena says.

"I see...we also noticed the cats rushing through this direction, so we are trying to see what's going on as well." Yuni says.

As they continue to search, they arrive at a mansion. As they head inside, they find a cat maid who is bowing at them. "Welcome home, meow."

"Welcome...home? I don't think we have met before..." Yuni says.

The maid says, "Please follow me, masters and mistresses, meow."

They follow the maid as they move forward, but they stop as they hear the door locked. Sora rushes towards the door and tries to open it, but failed. "Oh no! We're in a trap!"

Just then, a lot of cats are surrounding them, and the maid says, "You have fallen into my trap. Black Mist sama asks me to get rid of you guys, and you are not going to get away, meow."

"Black Mist...I knew it, you are a Number Monster, right?" Yuni demands, and the Cat Maid says, "You can refer to me as the cat maid, and I have the number that you want."

As they see her activating her Duel Disk, Yuni says, "I'll the one battles, don't worry."

As she activates her Duel Disk, the Field Magic Crossover appears and cards are scattering around the field.

"Duel!" (Yuni:4000)(Cat Maid:4000)

"I'll get the first turn, meow." Cat Maid says, "I use Magic Card: Cat Invitation, with this card, I can add a "Cat" or a "Neko" monster from my deck to my hand."

As she draws a card, she says, "Then I use Continuous Magic: Cat Rally, when a "Neko" or "Cat" monster is Normal Summoned, I can Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower "Neko" or "Cat" monster from my hand. Now I summon Level 2 Neko Maid. (ATK:600/DEF:800 LV:2)

As a white cat with a maid that looks like a cat maid herself appears on the field, Cat Maid says, "With the effect of Cat Rally, I can special summon another Neko Maid, meow."

As the other monster appears, Cat Maid says, "I'll tell you that both of my monsters' effects is that when this card is in face-up Attack Position, you can't target monsters for attacks except for this one, meow."

"I see...so I can't attack either one of them...that is a nice strategy." Yuni says.

"I set one card and end my turn." Cat Maid says.

"That is not going to stop me. My turn!" After drawing a card, she says, "I use Scale 2 Soccer Player and Scale 8 Nightmare Prisoner to set the Pendulum Scale!"

As two monsters rise to the air, Yuni says, "With this, I can summon monsters from levels 4 to 7! Swing! Pendulum of my heart! Listen to my call and show us the way! Pendulum Summon! Come! My monsters! Smile Fairy Shooting Swimmer. (ATK:500/DEF:1500 LV:4) and then Smile Fairy Baseball Batter (ATK:2400/DEF:1200 LV:5 PS:8)