Chapter 56 Duel with Eliphas

"I'll go first! I activate these two Continuous Magic: Mysterious Monolith! These Cards can be treated as the Xyz Materials for Rank Four Monsters!" Eliphas says as he activates his Magic Cards.

"Using two Magic Cards as Xyz Materials?" Yuni gasps in shock.

"I Overlay the two Mysterious Monolith! Xyz Summon! Come forth! New Orders 4: Etheric Anubis!" (ATK:1000/DEF:1000 RNK:4 OVU:2)

A dog appears, and Eliphas says, "I set one card and end my turn."

"A Rank Four Monster with 1000 ATK?" Ryu asks.

"It must have a strange effect..." Yuzu says.

"My turn!" Yuya says as she draws a card, "I use Magic Card: Fusion! I Fuse Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and Entermate Odd-Eyes Minotaur from my hand! Dichromatic eyes illuminate the dark night! Become one with the dragon with two different colored eyes and point to a new path! Fusion Summon! Appear! Starving Venom Predator Dragon!" (ATK:2800/DEF:2500 LV:7 PS:1)

After the dragon appears, Johan says, "Yuri's dragon..."

"Technically it belonged to Zarc." Yuni adds.

"When Starve Venom is summoned, I can target my opponent's Special Summoned Monster, and it gains that amount of ATK!" (ATK:2800-3800)

Yuya then jumps onto platforms until reaching an Action Card. "I use Action Card: Trap Destruction! I target your facedown as a Trap Card and destroy it!"

After the card is destroyed, Katrina says, "Brother guessed it right..."

"Battle! I attack Etheric Anubis with Starving Venom Predator Dragon!" Yuya yells, but Eliphas says, "I activate Etheric Anubis' effect! When a card from the Magic and Trap Zone is destroyed, by detaching one Overlay Unit, I can revive that card and activate it!"

"What? That's the effect?" Vivian gasps.

"I activate the Trap Card: Mysterious Mirror! According to its effect, my monster won't be destroyed by battle, and the battle damage I took, you will take it instead!" Eliphas yells.

Yuya widens his eyes as he picks an Action Card, he says, "Action Magic, Evasion, I target Starve Venom and negate the attack!"

After Yuya lands back on the ground, Eliphas says, "Oh? It seems you are slightly capable."

"Damn it...I just lost my chance to battle..." Yuya says. "I set one card and end my turn."

"If that's your power, then I'm disappointed. You can't win against me! I will let you witness the true Dueling of Astral World!" Just then, Eliphas raises his hand and glows, "The Duels of the strongest Duelists are ordained by inevitability! Even the cards they draw are controlled by the Duelists themselves!"

"That light...it can't be..." Reisho gasps as the others are confused.

"Shining Draw!" Eliphas draws a card and says, "Everything in the Dueling of Astral World consists of Shining Draws!"

"All of them are Shining Draw? What the heck even is that?" Rua asks.

"Shining Draw is a technique that gives you the power to draw the card that you want..." Yuni mutters.

"Isn't that cheating?" Ruka asks.

"In a sense, but Shining draw is different..." Reisho says.

"I activate the Continuous Magic: Rank-Up Advantage from my hand!" Eliphas says. "When I Summon an Xyz Monster using a Rank Up Magic, this card allows me to draw one card! Additionally, when that Monster attacks, the effects of the opposing monster in the battle are negated!"