Chapter 3- "Take me to NYC"

I wake up bright and early. The sun spilling through the gaps in my curtains. The birds quietly chirping, any other day I would be annoyed by the pesky things but not today. Nothing can ruin my mood today. Today's THE day. Friday, which is always the best day of the week. What makes it even better is my mom's letting me take the day off school so that me and Jackson can go to NYC early. I'm so excited.

I get ready for the day, I change into something I know will be comfortable, warm and will at the same time look good. I go with my ivory, cotton, turtle neck dress along with my ivory overcoat, brown knee high boots and my sunset colour bag.

 I go with my ivory, cotton, turtle neck dress along with my ivory overcoat, brown knee high boots and my sunset colour bag

I finish getting ready and gather the last of my things. I grab my hold all bag that contains everything I will need over the weekend and make my way downstairs. I sneak some toast from off the table and say goodbye to my mom. I sneak out before Luke sees me. He thinks I'm going on this trip after school. If he knew he'd want the day off too.

I'm up early so decide to walk to Jackson's house. I didn't tell him I was getting up this early and coming over because he would've insisted to drive me and I know he hates waking up early as much as I do. On the way there I call my dad to say goodbye, he also thinks I'm going after school but what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

When I get to Jackson's house I'm let in the front gates by his security guard Frank. He didn't check if I was allowed in because Jackson specifically told him to always let me in after I was stood out there for an hour, waiting for them to come out of a meeting. I make my way into the house (well mansion) with a key that Frank gave me, as I open the door I see Jackson descending the stairs.

He's wearing a plain black t-shirt with some sort of designer looking navy blue jeans. He has a couple of rings on his left hand and a silver chain necklace around his neck. His hair is messed up indicating he's just woken up. He's directing his attention to the suitcase he's lugging down the many stairs.

He gets to the bottom of the stairs and notices me. "Oh. Hey. What are you doing here? I was just about to come and pick you up. Where's your stuff?"

"1. I had to leave early so I decided to walk and 2. In here." I point to my bag.

"1. You should've told me I would've picked you up and 2. Is that all you're taking"

"Yep. You'd be surprised what you can fit in here." He stifles a laugh. "Shut up."

"I didn't say anything." He goes in the living room and grabs a couple blankets "For the trip." He explains "Let's get going." He says before opening the front door "After you."

The drive to his family's private airport doesn't take very long. Apparently this airport is a shared one between wealthy family's nearby - the airplane is just the Sousa family's.

♡♡♡

We arrive in New York after a couple of hours in the air. We are escorted to our first stop, the hotel. When we arrive at the hotel I'm flabbergasted. I knew that with Jackson we would end up somewhere fancy but the plaza? THE freaking plaza? "There's no way." Jackson just smiles and hands our bags to a man who takes them and leads the way to our room. Apparently the driver is checking in at the front desk for us. Who even does that???