Chapter 37- "You can trust us"

11 years ago (the day of the tragedy), Ira's POV:

I put my car in park, push up the sun visor and get out to fill up the tank. I make my way over to the passenger side relatively quickly and grab my bag from it's position on the seat.

I walk inside the gas station and get conned into buying a packet of skittles. They're good at marketing, making me walk all the way through the store just to pay for gas. My will power is bad and walking past a full isle of sweet things and not getting any is just plain torture.

I get to the till and pay the cashier before returning back to my car.

I jump into my seat, the hot sun blaring in my eyes and place my pink handbag onto the passenger seat. After I put down my bag I spot something out of the corner of my eye. It's a note, folded between the sun visor and roof of my car. That was not there when I left.

♡♡♡

(Present day)

(Present day)

I tightly screw my eyes shut in fear. I can say with upmost certainty I didn't expect that one. I've never had a gun pulled on me before.

With my eyes shut I put my hands up to show him I mean no harm.

"My names Mariana Deliro." I say. It might help my case if Penny has told him who I am. "I'm 17." I continue, knowing someone is less likely to shoot if they know information about you as they'll feel more connected. "I'm not trying to hurt you, Penny is my Aunt, I need her help."

Nothing happens so I open one of my eyes cautiously and am met with a back. Jackson's back. He's stood infront of me.

I step out beside him, not wanting him to get shot for me.

"Leave." Jordan says.

"Please can we just-"

"This is your only warning." He says finally before slamming the door shut.

Jackson grabs my hand again and quickly starts walking down the road, my mind still in a daze. I'm trying to wrap my head around what just happened.

Once we get round the corner I stop and pull my hand out of his.