Chapter 28- "There's that was again"

'Rest easy, my love

'Rest easy, my love.' The four words repeat continuously in my mind.

Aunt Penny was alive after Ira died. So what could've happened to her?

What reason would my mom have to kill her?

I'm guessing my mom didn't like Ira because she cut her out of the photo, which isn't really enough proof but we'll go with it anyway. I thought maybe she wanted the company and made Penny choose, either she died along with the board or left Ira. Penny's death would've been overshadowed in the news because of the board members importance.

Or maybe she didn't like their relationship and that's why she killed them both but that theory doesn't make complete sense because then what happened to the rest of the board? And now it makes even less sense because wouldn't it be easier to kill them at the same time?

I'm almost certain that Penny didn't commit suicide because the caption indicates that she loves Ira and wants her to be at peace. I think if that was the case the caption would be more along the lines of I'll see you soon or she wouldn't have needed to make a goodbye post in memory of her.

Months or years later she might have considered it but at the time the post was made it wasn't an option.

For all I know Penny could still be alive but then why hasn't she posted since 2011? It's odd.

Unless....she was too upset to post or she's hiding from someone or something.

Or she's alive and totally fine and I'm being ridiculous because she just doesn't want to post, she could even a new account.

"Ira died on the 14th and this photo was posted on the 18th. So I'm thinking she may have posted it the day of Ira's funeral." I say.

"Also they were definitely trying to keep their relationship a secret. The photo Penny posted before I'm guessing is of her and Ira but Ira isn't tagged on it and neither of them follow each other or anything."

"Whoever was after Ira, maybe they were after Penny too."

"Yeah but then why?" Jackson questions.

"I don't know. Something is just off."

"You still think it's your mom?"

"A part of me does but I guess not really."

♡♡♡

"I don't know how much information you can store in that small brain of yours so listen up." I can just tell Kelly's rolling her eyes after that. "Dont. Mess. This. Up."

"Admit it I did great last time." Honestly she did do kind of good, but I will never, ever admit that, ever.

"I'm not admitting to that."

"You didn't deny it so it was practically a confession." She replies.

Jackson sighs at our bickering. He knew what he was getting himself in for.