Chapter 33- "Like daylight"

The darkness surrounds me, pain surging through my bones

The darkness surrounds me, pain surging through my bones. I try to open my eyes but my eyelids are heavy, everything feels so heavy, so out of place. All I feel is pain, all I see is darkness devouring me, swallowing me whole with no escape.

Am I dead?

No. I can't be. I can feel pain, that's got to mean I'm alive, right?

I hear voices, an extremely distant hum in the background of the defining silence.

Wake up. Mariana, wake up. Come on, just open your eyes.

It takes everything in me to finally flutter open my eyes and when I do I shut them instantly, scrunching them closed to hide the light. Why is it so bright in here?

I slowly open my eyes, getting used to the blinding light in the unfamiliar surrounding. Where am I?

I slowly crane my aching neck, to the right side, looking around. I'm on the foor in some sort of....bathroom. I feel like I've been here before. But where is here exactly?

My head, why does my head hurt so fucking much? It's the worse pain I've ever felt in my entire life. My head feels like it's being crushed.

My right arm I can't feel, it feels numb and tingly, the same with my right leg. I go to reach for my head with my left hand, to try and soothe the pain in my throbbing head but something restrains me from doing so. I physically can't move it any further, it's stuck, something is holding it back.

I turn to the right and am met with the sink, my left wrist handcuffed to it.

Where am I and what am I doing here? I don't remember.

"Oh good, you're awake." No, not him.

"What's going on?" I croak, trying to keep my stinging eyes open.

"You're not getting away from me again." Tyler says.

"You're sick." I whisper. "Let me go." I say lightly pulling on the handcuff.

"Now what's the fun in that?" Tyler taunts.

I blink slowly, struggling to stay awake. You need to say awake, who knows what he'll do while you're knocked out.

"Whatever you want I wont give it to you." I say weakly.

His facial expression turns cold. He walks directly infront of me, crouching down when he gets there. He roughly grabs my jaw in one of his hands, I whimper at the additional pain. He forces me to look directly into his cold eyes. My heart beats faster in fear of what's to come.

"If you don't I'll hurt him. I'll make not only you but all of your friends pay for your mistakes." I try to get out of his grasp but it's too strong. I feel so weak and tried.

"Are you going to kill me?" I ask. His eyes slightly soften but he covers it up quickly.

He let's go of my face, stands up to his full height and looks down at me. I look up at him, waiting for an answer. "Not if you play along."