Chapter 23- "Penguin Coffee"

Another day, another day at work. I never in a multi-million years (pun intended) thought I'd have a proper job at 17 let alone be the owner of it. Even now it still sounds strange. To top it off I'm in the news which would be really cool if I wasn't potentially going to be murdered. I should probably stop saying or thinking of that incase I prophesize it to happen or some shit.

I haven't signed the acctual contracts that give me full rights to the company yet. When I do no one is aloud to know otherwise I'll be an even bigger target. I'm going to be so careful as to who I trust, I don't take 'trust no-one' lightly, not anymore. I now know the extent and the lengths people will go to for this company. Everyone is currently in the dark as to who owns the company. Only Jackson and I know that Cathrine currently owns the majority of it and as of right now and I only own a small portion.

Today I'm going into the app aspect of my job and giving the final opinion on what updates we are going to make to it. I was called to attend a meeting so that my employees can present their ideas to me.

"How about we add in a feature where everyone can connect with their friends. Where people can have their account public and search for others. Have you ever been to a party that you've had a blast at?" She asks rhetorically "We could make it so you could follow other people and find out the types of parties or events you're interested in, it could tell you the time, the place, the dress code and any other information you may need to attend. You could follow accounts with similar taste and follow people with reoccurring events to keep up to date with them. It would be good for businesses because they'd have a constant amount of people and followers interested in attending. They would also know round about how many people are interested." The brunette girl that is presenting says.

"Honestly I'm sold. That's a brilliant idea." I say. "We could add in a box that you can check if you're planning on showing up to an event or you could repost it so people following you can see it and see that you're going."

"Yes I love that idea." She replies.

"That's a great idea Charlene." Cathrine says.

"I'll see what we can do. Thanks everyone for joining and presenting your ideas they were all amazing and keep going what you're doing because we couldn't do all of this without you."

Everyone leaves the room, lots of thank yous and byes are aimed at me. The only person left with me is Cathrine.

"I'm so excited to do this. This is so fun." I say.

She let's out a soft laugh. "You remind me of Ira. She was always so sweet and would get excited about things like that, new ideas and such."

Ira? I'm sure I've heard that name before. Where have I heard that name before?

"Who's Ira?" I question.

"She was a member of the board." Oh.

"What was her last name?"

"I'm not sure, it was a long time ago. I was going to go by her grave later and pick up some flowers to drop off. I can get her last name then and tell you tomorrow. I haven't seen any other visitors there so I drop off some flowers there from time to time."

"I'll go."

"Are you sure?" She asks.

"Yeah it's no problem, everyone should have people visit their grave."

"That's very kind."

Cathrine gives me the address of the cemetery and where to find her grave and I go upstairs to my office.

I enter my room, papers in hand, and I see Jackson sat on my chair at the back of the table with his feet kicked up onto the table.

"Um. Excuse me. Feet. Off." He groans but complies nonetheless. As I put my papers away he moves out of my seat and around the table onto one of the two guest seats.