Chapter 34- "No other shade of blue but you"

Jackson's POV:

Jackson's POV:

(Before)

I've been trying to give Mariana some space, instead asking Tara how she is. She hasn't been in school the past few days and Tara, as well as me and the rest of our friends, are worried about her. I plan on going to Rhi's house after school today, hoping that I can talk to her and she'll let me explain. I don't know exactly what I'm going to say but I'm sure I'll figure something out by the time I get there. If she doesn't want to listen to me I can at least drop of some of her favourite things to make her feel better.

I should've thought before I opened my big mouth. I should've known she would react that way. She always thinks of the worst.

I sneak out during the middle of class, I can't seem to concentrate anyway. It's like I just have a feeling that something is going to happen and when I get a call from Mariana my heart stops. She's calling me? Oh fuck she's calling me. Answer you idiot before she hangs up.

I swipe the answer button and hold the phone up to my ear. "Rhi-" I say happily before she cuts me off.

She breathes heavily "Jackson I need hel-" and then she just stops taking. Where did she go?

"Rhi?" I say. "Mariana." I continue louder. "Fuck this isn't funny Rhi." My heart is pounding. "Rhi? Mariana please answer me." I beg and the phone call ends. Fuck no. I don't care if this is a joke or not I need to make sure she's ok.

With the adrenaline coursing throught my body, I run to Mariana's house which I'm now regretting. I wanted to get there as quick as possible so I didn't stop to think, which was a mistake on my part because my car is parked at the school and would've been much quicker to take but I'm over halfway to her house now so no turning back.

I'm exhausted by the time I reach her door. I knock on the door but there's no reply so I get out my phone and call her multiple times, like I did on the way here but it goes straight to voicemail.

If this is some sort of sick joke I'm going to be pissed and if something has happened to her I'm going to be extra pissed.

She doesn't reply. I knock and call for a few minutes but still no reply. Her mom isn't even in, her car isn't parked in the driveway and I'm assuming her brother isn't in either or he'd have come to the door by now.

I get the idea to check to see if any of the doors or windows are open. I can add breaking and entering, or technically just entering to my list of things Rhi has to be mad at me for but it's for a good cause.

Luckily for me the back door is open, I should really tell her to lock that, anyone could easily just come into her house. At least I don't have to break anything to get inside.

I approach her bedroom door hesitating for a second. Here goes. I knock softly on her door, not wanting to startle her by just walking in and I do it as a courtesy. She doesn't reply, I didn't expect her to. I open the door slowly, peeking into the room. It's dark, all the lights are off and the black out curtains are shut, blocking the outside light. She must be sleeping, the phone probably got cut off or something when she called.