Chapter 43

-Well hello there- I say seeing Stefania coming to the kitchen, she was clearly surprised to se me and Barrett there.

-You're still awake- She was acting weird.

-We are- Me and my best friend look at each other before turning our attention to Stefania who was on her phone texting.

-I invited Barrett to sleep over tonight, is that okay?

-Sure, it's fine, you guys going outside for drinks?

-Yes...Do you want to join us?- I say getting a bottle of wine.

-No, I'm going to take a shower. But thank you, good night Barrett.

-Night italian.

POV NARRATOR

Stefania made her way upstairs, nervous, still processing what had just happened and figuring if she should tell her girlfriend. She sats on the bathtub, and calls Jaina.

-Jaina.

-Honey.

-Were you asleep?- Starts to exfoliate her legs as she talks.

-I was, shouldn't you be having sex with your hot girlfriend?

The italian giggles shaking her head.

-She's downstairs with Barrett, I'm having a shower.

-Are you okay?

-There's something I need to tell you.

-Oh my god.

-Alicia kissed me.

-She did what?

-She kissed me outside when I was getting in my car.

-But did you two talk?

-She just said a bunch of bullshit and when I was getting in she just pushed me to her and kissed me.

-What did you do?

-Are you really asking me that?

-Well...

-Oh my god Jaina, I pushed her away in the same second.

-Then what's the problem?

-Danielle doesn't show it but I know she feels uncomfortable with Alicia, this just makes things worse.

-But you're going to tell her right?

Downstairs outside Barrett and Danielle talked for an hour before deciding to go in, the blonde would talk to Stefania while her best friend said she was going to sleep.
She enters the room slowly, the brunette looks at her for a moment before continuing to spread a body cream over her legs. They kept quiet, Danielle chose one of her girlfriend's sweatshirts because it was cold for the clothes she had picked earlier after showering when she got home.

-What's going on?- Danielle asks sitting on the edge of the bed as Stefania was about to open her book.

-Nothing.

-Please Stefania.

POV DANIELLE

She closes her book and stays looking at me for what felt like decades.

-It's nothing bambina, I'm tired.

I hold her hand- Three hours ago you put a ring on my finger and now...You're acting all weird since you came home. Maybe you thought things straight when you were alone.

-Danielle, I'm happy I gave you that ring.

-If...

-Alicia kissed me- Stopped my sentence, not looking at me.