Used

Lin took a slow breath and nuzzled his face further into the large, white pillows. The bedrooms they were using were some of the few rooms that had actually been cleaned up. Most of the furnishings had remained covered with white clothes, but the beds had been readied, the bathrooms cleaned, and everything dusted down for their arrival. He was relieved they'd chosen the larger rooms with large beds. The space had allowed him to bend and twist John into numerous positions with ease. Prickles ran across his skin as he recalled the keening sounds that had escaped his pink lips and the scratches he'd left on his back. The spark of need flared in his abdomen, signalling the revival of his rut. He needed to rouse himself and see to his omega's needs. As he breathed in again, he noticed the sweet scent of John's heat was softer than before. It was his first day. That wasn't right.

"John?" Lin murmured curiously as he turned over. His eyes were still closed, tired in the grey of early morning. His arm reached out and found the other side of the bed cold. That meant it had been empty for some time. His dark eyes snapped open. His senses flared in panic as he looked around desperately. The room was dim with the heavy green curtains drawn, but in his heightened state, he could see almost perfectly. John wasn't anywhere to be seen in the large room. He almost growled as he got to his feet. His rut quickly combined with his concern to send hunting instincts swirling in the pit of his stomach. He needed to find his omega.

After finishing in the filthy bathroom, having pounded John through three further orgasms, Lin had carried him to the room he'd been sharing with Naru. Obviously, Naru had moved to reside in a different room. He'd bathed John in the huge tub, cooling his hot skin with the water and soothing him with gentle touches. John had sobbed and trembled miserably throughout, but he'd still clung to his larger body at any opportunity. John may not have wanted the gentle touches, but his omega certainly had. He'd nuzzled into Lin's hands at any opportunity, and as the heat had returned, he'd outright climbed into Lin's lap.

Lin had taken that as a sign of need and teased John through another orgasm. They'd made thorough use of the large bed. John had been pliant as Lin had stretched his thighs wide and settled between them. He'd embraced him, pulling him down and scratching his approval into his shoulder blades. Lin had turned John on his side, spooning him to completion and knotting him. John had settled obediently on his knees. He'd lain on his front. He'd settled in Lin's lap. He'd even hooked his feet over Lin's shoulder and allowed his strong hands to bend him in half. They'd both been exhausted by the time the first wave of John's heat passed, so Lin had settled down to sleep with John nestled safely in his arms. Now he was gone.

Lin felt his incisors digging into his lip. He'd been careless. There were two betas and one more alpha in this house. John was in heat, so any of them could have been tempted. Any of them could have taken his omega while he'd slept. Lin sniffed cautiously. No foreign scents lingered in the air. No one else had been inside the room. That meant John may have left. He might have left his alpha during his heat. Rage coiled in his chest. He felt slighted. Was John so unsatisfied that he'd sought a new mate? A better mate? His teeth lengthened. The ache to sink his teeth in and claim John again burned in his chest. He searched for John's unique cotton candy scent. He almost sighed in relief as he calmed his alpha. John hadn't left the bedroom. At least, he hadn't gone into the main house.

Lin's gaze shifted to the door leading to the ensuite bathroom. He padded over quietly and turned the handle. It was locked. His brow furrowed in displeasure. He didn't like being cut off from his omega like this. It wasn't safe. Omegas were a lot weaker during their heats. They were more prone to collapsing or fainting, and their heightened emotional state could make them irrational. He paused as he heard sniffling and scented blood on the air. John? His eyes blazed and his claws sharpened as he kicked the door open in alarm. His omega was hurt. He needed to be cared for. He turned his head as he entered the modest room and looked across at the large bath. The hanging curtain had been drawn around the tub, where he could hear John hissing and whimpering. Lin hurried over and tossed the curtain aside.