Preparation

Naru sighed as he made the final preparations. His stomach was throbbing almost constantly. It was worse since his heat was so late this time. He'd smelled John earlier, too. It seemed their heats were synchronising from all the time they were spending around each other. John had spent more time in the office, and his scent lingered around the house, too. It was bound to happen eventually. The same thing happened with Takigawa, too. Naru folded out the sofa and checked the waterproof sheet was in place.

He opened the door to the small bathroom. His body felt warmer as the heat approached. He took a quick shower. It wasn't like he was needed for anything. He'd pretty much handed the office over to Mai and Lin already. His phone would only accept internal calls, and it could only make internal calls. He was a little worried about what his delirious omega mind would do under the strain of his heat. The last thing he needed was a random stranger turning up to do God knows what to his vulnerable body.

He walked to the safe with a sigh, popping in the code so that he could grab the box of assorted relief tools. He hated needing to degrade himself like this, but at least he was the only one who knew. He wouldn't even let Lin know about this. There was an array of butt plugs, dildos, and vibrators. Some of them were hands free and could stick to various flat surfaces. There was also a bottle of lube, which was still half full. It would be enough for a few more heats. His slick did most of the lubricating anyway. The bottle of gel was really only there in case he started a little early or finish a little late. I should probably start placing them. He looked around, wondering what the best places would be.

He stuck one on his desk, one of the longer ones since he'd likely be on his knees. One went on the bathroom tiles. He bent over and pressed his towel covered ass against the wall, setting the attachment at the right height to pleasure himself. He wasn't sure he'd use it, but he put one on his leather chair too, locking the catches on the wheels to stop it from rolling. The rest of the bag he emptied onto the bed, knowing he'd need some close at hand if his heat started while he was sleeping.

He tugged the towel off and remained naked. There were no cameras, and no one could walk in with the door locked. He was so close to his heat that any material on his skin would be too hot and irritating. Leaving the towel on the floor, he looked inside the fridge to check for the tenth time that he had everything. There was a stack of bottled water, sports drinks, dried fruits, and some energy bars. He also had more dried snacks scattered throughout the office. He grabbed a sports drink and started drinking, deciding to force down an energy bar with it. I'll need all the energy I can get...

He was sitting on the edge of his bed, just finishing the sticky bar of biscuit and nuts, when the phone rang. His stomach dropped slightly when he realised who it would be. Since Lin had left earlier, it could only be one person. He put on his best cold front as he picked up the receiver. He greeted the caller in his usual gruff tone; the voice replying in an equally business-like tone. He was surprised how much that hurt, though he wouldn't show it.

"Naru, I'm heading home for the day. I'll check in again tomorrow." The hurt was still plain in her tone despite the front she was trying to put on. Naru swallowed, his omega side pining for affection. He really wanted to apologise. He'd been about to go into heat when he'd snapped at her, but what he'd said was no less true now than it had been then. He just hadn't sugar coated it. He still remembered the look on her face when he'd said it. What kind of idiot are you? Stop wasting your affection on a male omega when you know we're not compatible! He'd shouted the words in a heated moment of frustration, and she hadn't even really done anything to deserve it. She'd been standing close to him with her usual gentle smile, her hand brushing through his hair in a rare show of affection.