Giving In

Lin sighed as he paced the huge entry hall near the door. Naru wasn't overly concerned, but Gene had missed curfew by almost an hour now. The more mature twin insisted that his brother was fine. He could always tell these things. Their genetic bond somehow just told him everything was alright. Lin didn't have that to fall back on. Gene knew better than this! He was never late home! What is he thinking? He's fourteen! It's almost eleven now! Lin was worried and irritated as he opened the front door and stepped out for a cigarette. It was a bad habit, one he'd promised Gene and Naru he'd quit. He paused as he heard voices, stepping a little further down the long pathway until he spotted two figures beneath a tree.

"I had fun tonight, Gene." Lin's brow furrowed as he scented the smoky scent of the young alpha on the breeze. He was taller than Gene by about a head, and much broader. They were both neatly dressed, still in their school uniforms from earlier. They'd gone out straight from school. The alpha stepped back, placing his hands on Gene's shoulders as he leaned in. Lin could see them clearly with his alpha eyes and paused, wondering if he should interrupt. "Gene, wait. I had fun but..." Lin wasn't sure whether he felt relieved or sympathetic at the clear rejection.

"You like Oli, right? Because he's an omega...I look like him though, so why not just...mess around a little..." Gene replied suggestively as he stroked his fingers down the alpha's shirt front. Lin watched, something feral twisting in his gut as Gene slid to his knees with practiced ease and a sultry smirk. His companion stammered out a small objection as he stumbled back against the tree. "It's alright...You can call me Oliver while I do it. I don't mind," Gene said invitingly as he reached for the alpha's buckle.

"Gene!" Both teens flinched at Lin's sharp bark. He said nothing as the alpha quickly excused himself and left. Gene remained on his knees a moment before getting to his feet with a sigh. He looked slightly annoyed as he headed towards the house, apparently unconcerned as he passed Lin. He brushed the damp evening dew from his knees as he went, ignoring the heavier steps behind. "What do you think you're doing?" Lin almost shouted as he followed him into the large house. He'd never been truly mad at either of the twins before, but now he couldn't help himself.

"What? We went to see a movie." Gene remained unapologetic as he shrugged out of his black blazer and hung it on the coat stand. He stiffened as Lin grabbed his wrist and held him against the wall, scowling angrily.

"You missed your curfew! And more to the point, what was that? You're too young to be thinking about things like that!" Lin didn't know why he felt so angry about it. He's too young! He shouldn't be even thinking about that stuff for another two years at least! Gene scowled and flushed in response. He clearly hadn't realised how much he'd seen and heard. Embarrassment was clear on his face, but also defiance. Lin had rejected him. He couldn't have it both ways. Just because he didn't want him, didn't mean he was barred from other people.

"Just because you think that way doesn't mean everyone else does! There are a lot of people in school doing this stuff! And just because you aren't interested doesn't mean I can't have fun!" Gene felt especially vulnerable facing off against Lin and was vaguely aware of Naru hovering worriedly at the top of the stairs. It wasn't like Gene and Lin to fight. They were usually quite close. It hadn't been so true recently, but not so long ago Gene wouldn't leave his side. The sudden change was worrisome and he couldn't help his scent reaching out to soothe them. They barely noticed the sweetness as it coiled around them, wrapped up in their argument as they were.

"That's not the type of fun you should be focusing on!" Lin paused as Gene ripped his hand free. "Especially not when the one they really want is Oliver." He knew it was a low blow as soon as he said it. Gene's cheeks flushed with mortification and sadness. It seemed he had indeed seen everything. He bit his lip as his eyes filled, sniffling as he covered his eyes. They always like Noll best...because they're always alphas, who want omegas. Why am I never attracted to betas or omegas? I just want...Now that he'd started, he didn't think he could stop. He choked on quiet sobs as he covered his eyes, trembling as he dropped his head.