The Royal Progress: the North

Winterfell, the North

127 AC

Winterfell. The castle where Jace had gone too while she had been sent to Storm's End and Lucerys had ben sent to the Eyrie.

Cregan Stark was polite, gruff at times, and very smart and politically savvy, having taken control of the North after his uncle attempted to usurp him.

She wanted to ask him how he did it and get advice.

"You seem interested in the Heart Tree, Princess." Cregan said.

"I find the Old Gods the most interesting religion after the Fourteen." the Violet Lady said calmly.

"I thought House Targaryen follows the Seven." Cregan frowned, confused.

"Alicent and her brood do. Grandfather, Kepa, Muña, my siblings and cousins, Uncle Daemon, House Velaryon, House Celtigar, and myself follow the Fourteen."

"If you had to chose between the Old Gods or the Seven, which one?" the Warden of the North drawled.

"The Old Gods. Much more easier and more appealing than the Seven." Daenaera said without skipping a beat.

New Castle, White Harbor, the North

127 AC

Daenaera had to behave as a proper princess publicly. That meant not teasing the nephews, cousins, and sons of Lord Manderly, to not give veil threats when they tried to propose a betrothal between themself and herself.

But she was allowed to step on their toes if they did not behave during a dance and casually mention Balerion and Harrenhal to them.

Needless to say, if she came to do a royal progress in the North by herself, she would spend as little time as she could there if she couldn't skip it.

That is todays chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it!