Assassination Attempts

Royal Nursery, Maegor's Holdfast, The Red Keep

Mid 133 AC

Baelor Targaryen, despite being only three days old, represented a many things.

He was the unification of the Blacks and the Greens, a descendant of both Aemma Arryn and Alicent Hightower.

He also showed that the once divided branches of the House of the Dragon were now, permanently, one. Baelor was also the blood of both Rhaenyra and Alicent's rival lines, which would satisfy both the Blacks and the Greens.

And it did. Since Rhaenyra had taken over, the Blacks and the Greens had existed with an awkward tension, but since Daenaera's pregnancy and Baelor's birth, it had faded.

In the end, the two political factions knew, Baelor, who had one Green and one Black parent, would be King, and his future children would be descended from the Blacks and the Greens.

Daenaera hummed softly as she rocked her son. Baelor's smiled up at his mother with a toothless smile, indigo eyes bright.

Her firstborn had the weight of a healthy child, and was tended only by Dragonstone midwives. Mysaria, the new Mistress of Spies, put the midwives through a rigorous background check before allowing them into the Red Keep.

The White Worm also had been given free authority to shut down the child rings, which she did so with vigor. The children were now in well funded orphanages, tended by the City Maesters.

The City Maesters, loyal Maesters who used old buildings or renovated ones (the Alchemist Guild had been ordered at sword point to move to a more private building in an isolated area), to tend to the city.

"Ñuha dōna valītsos, ao kessa sagon jorrāelatan ondoso aōha lentor." My sweet boy, you shall be loved by your family. she whispered to her son.

There was a thud and Daenaera froze, seeing a grappling hook on her window.

"GUARDS!" she screamed staggering away as the window shattered and hulking man entered.

The man drew his sword and sloppily lunged. Daenaera fled the room, Baelor screaming at the top of his tiny lungs as Ser Harrold and Ser Adrian Redfort; the latter Ser Criston's replacement; drew their swords.

Ser Arryk rushed to her side, and rushed the Crown Princess away as the ringing of steel and curses flew.

The Red Keep, King's Landing

Mid 133 AC

While the assassin was apprehended, Ser Harrold perished in the fight. Ser Steffon Darklyn was appointed Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

Currently, the man was in the Black Cells, to be questioned by Mysaria's inquisitors.

Shaera had been very shaken by the assassination attempt, reminded of her family's murder. The little girl had personally come to check on Daenaera and Baelor, needing to see with her own eyes that the Princess of Dragonstone had survived.

Rhaenyra had announced that Ser Harrold's successor would be whoever one the melee contest of Baelor's Tourney.

Daenaera and Aemond had moved their son to their apartments. The little prince slept in a cradle next to his parents' bed, safe.

All the while, the House of the Dragon plotted the downfall of their enemies.

That is today's chapter, I hope you all enjoyed it.