Small Moments in Time

Skies above the Dragonmont

126 AC

Telarion flew in circles. She was enjoying the feeling of flying again after her death and second chance.

Telarion had violet scales, black wing membranes, horns, and claws, silver eyes and markings. She had hatched in 106 AC from a clutch of the mates Silverwing and Vermithor, and went under the alias of 'the Violet Queen' until five year old Daenaera had bonded and named her.

"There!" Daenaera yelled, hearing Silverwing roar.

Baela let out a whoop as Silverwing surged into the air, Rhaena saddled on her back. Caraxes followed letting out trills of joy.

Telarion roared in greeting to her mother, who roared back.

"You did it, Rhae!" Daenaera cheered, flying closer to the silver scaled she dragon.

Rhaena beamed. "I did!"

Rhaenyra & Laenor's chamber, Dragonstone Castle

126 AC

"Mama? Papa?" Daenaera said, peering into the room. Her sworn shield, Ser Arryk, stood behind her.

"Yes, Dany?" Rhaenyra inquired, coming closer.

"I had a dream. A dragon dream." she murmured.

Rhaenyra and Laenor went wide eyed. 

"What did you see?" Laenor inquired.

The Red Keep, King's Landing

126 AC

"Lady Rhaena has claimed Silverwing." Otto groused. "The Blacks have the dragon advantage."

Alicent resisted the urge to scream. "It is not my fault, Father, that they had easy access to the Dragonmont!"

"Daeron will claim Vermithor."

"Daeron claimed Tessarion two years ago, he cannot break the bond apparently nor claim another dragon. But we have Vhagar."

Otto glared at her and dismissed her. Alicent stormed off to her husband's chambers.

"Alicent, come in!" Viserys smiled. "I have a letter from Rhaenyra."

"Oh? What is it?"

"She is to go on a royal progress of the realm, like she did in 120 AC. She requested that Aemond and Helaena come with her, and I agreed. Helaena is most excited."

"No." Alicent said. She saw the truth: Rhaenyra would have Aemond and Helaena murdered while on the progress.

Viserys frowned. "I already agreed, Alicent."

"Then I want them to foster at Oldtown when they get back."

"No." Viserys said. "They are my children as well as princes and princess of the realm. They must be fostered to create alliances."

Wrong wrong wrong. Rhaenyra had allies, her sweet children would be murdered if they fostered anywhere but Oldtown.

But she was not the King but the Queen, and could not override the King.

That is today's chapter! I hope you all enjoyed it!