The Royal Progress: the Vale of Arryn

The Eyrie, the Vale of Arryn

127 AC

Rhaenyra wore the colors of House Arryn during the feast Jeyne had in her honor, and Daenaera, Jacaerys, and Lucerys wore the blue and white of House Arryn.

"I do hope you can come to King's Landing, Lady Jeyne." Daenaera said. 

"You can call me Jeyne or Cousin Jeyne. We are blood." Jeyne said. After her father's death, Henry Arryn was currently serving as her regent, but he was training her as well to rule. "And us Arryns are... hesitant to go the capital after what happened."

The unspoken Otto Hightower made Alicent, a daughter of the second son, Queen Consort of the Seven Kingdoms not six moons after Aemma Arryn, granddaughter of the Old King and daughter of a great house, death.

Aemond had been genuninely surprised when he learned Jeyne was Lady of the Eyrie, Defender of the Vale, and Wardeness of the East. Apparently, he thought Jeyne being ruler of the Vale were only rumors.

"Mother understands but she wants us to know people who knew Grandmother. And it is Grandmother's line that will sit on the Iron Throne."

And Alicent's if I can get myself betrothed to Aegon or Aemond. Her mother would not bat an eye and the rider of Syrax would agree with this, but Alicent would refuse Aegon on the account of incest but then marry him to Helaena, his sister.

Hypocritical bitch.

Boat from Gulltown, Bay of Crabs

127 AC

"Why are you upset, Aemond?" Daenaera inquired in High Valyrian, sitting next to her uncle. 

"I'm not... its just I feel like I've been denied everything." Aemond responded. He had become much better in his ancestral mother tongue, nearing fluency.

"Mother had to replace you and Helaena's entire wardrobe. She was surprised one could get Hightower green and the Hightower onto so many clothing items." the Dragon Princess commented.

"I think Mother wants us to be Andals that ride dragons. Helaena is going to stay with you but I have to go back to King's Landing." he complained.

Viserys had sent a letter announcing Helaena's fosterage with Rhaenyra while they were at the Eyrie. Insisting he wanted the rider of Dreamfyre to learn how to be 'a proper Valyrian women' form the rider of Syrax.

Helaena had always been Rhaenyra's favorite, in both of Daenaera's lives, so she was surprised.

If you are listening, you better give Helaena a happier life this time. Daenaera demanded.

Don't worry. We have it under control. Shrykos murmured. Helaena will be very happy as Lady of Winterfell.

The fourteen year old Princess had gotten along with eighteen year old Cregan Stark. Helaena had charmed the other Northern lords as well and showed her fondest for her half sister and family, and Rhaenyra had showed her protectiveness over her half sister.

Good. the white-gold haired princess thought with a smile.

"What are you smiling about?" the One Eyed Prince inquired.

"Cregan Stark was courting Helaena at Winterfell, and she seemed to be receptive to it."  Daenaera said simply.

Aemond paused. "If he makes her happy, I have no objections. Especially if that means she doesn't have to marry Aegon."

The two cuddled together, smiling and giggling together. And the servants noticed, and the servants gossiped.

That is the last of the royal progress arc! I hope you all enjoyed it.