Return of the Heirs

The Red Keep, King's Landing

132 AC

Viserys is there to greet them when the Blacks arrive. The Essosi healers had helped him, so he looked better then in Daenaera's past life.

"Rhaenyra." Viserys smiled, hugging his beloved daughter.

"Kepa." Rhaenyra grinned, hugging him. "You look better."

"The Essosi healers have improved my health with leaps and bounds. They are much better than Mellos." the King said.

The Blacks helped the servants unpack, greeting many of the courtiers. Daenaera eventually found herself walking through the Red Keep with her Ladies in Waiting, Jacaerys, Rhaena, Baela, and Lucerys.

Ser Arryk and other guards followed the group.

There were clashes from the training yard and the group went that way.

"Have you found any proposals, Samantha?" Baela asked Samantha.

"Ormund Hightower requested my hand but father rejected it." Samantha said.

"I think Samwell Blackwood might request your hand, with how he's been flirting with you." Maria Tyrell added.

"What about you, Cassandra?" Daenaera inquired.

"I got a betrothal request from Ser Walter Brownhill, but father rejected it." the Heiress of Storm's End revealed.

"That man has thirteen children already!" Elyana scoffed.

"Exactly. My favorite suitor is Lord William Dondarrion's nephew, Ser Michael Dondarrion. He can take my name and be my Lord Consort." Cassandra added.

"He's a good warrior and friend." Jacaerys murmured. He had meet the Dondarrion Knight a few times, and he was only eighteen to Cassandra's sixteen.

"Exactly." Cassandra said.

"Here we are." Jessica Mallister spoke softly. The thirteen maiden year old was shy by nature, but when around people she cared for and family, she was more bold.

Aemond's POV

Training Yard, the Red Keep

Aemond had wanted to take Vhagar on a ride, but he had seen Syrax, Caraxes, Vermax, Moondancer, Arrax, Silverwing, Meleys, and Telarion in the sky and a boat on the coastline, and was filled the desire to pummel someone.

Whispers filled the courtyard, and the clashes of Ser Lorent Marbrand and Ser Steffon Darklyn stopped.

He realized his half sister's children were in the courtyard, and he caught a glimpse of white-gold hair shinning in the sunlight and deep rose red dress.

(Aemond should hate her, she took his eye. But somehow, he couldn't).

Aemond and Ser Criston do not stop, not even when he sees that they've joined the crowd watching him spar with Ser Criston.

When he turns slightly, he can see her, surrounded by Ladies in Waiting, Princesses Baela and Rhaena, and her brothers. She is always surrounded, never alone.

A spike of jealousy surged through him when she laughed softly at something Jacaerys said, the other Ladies in Waiting and his uncle's daughters laughing softly as well. Lucerys grinned up at her, and she took his hand.

It wasn't fair that Jacaerys and Lucerys were the two closest men to Daenaera.

"Well done, My Prince." Criston said when he had a sword to his neck. "You'll be winning tourney's in no time."

"I don't give shit about tourney's." the Fire Prince said, lowering his sword. It didn't get much of a reaction out of his niece, nephews, and cousins, but the Ladies in Waiting murmured amongst themselves.

"Nephews." he said, turning his head to face the children of Laenor Velaryon and Rhaenyra Targaryen. "Have you come to train?" he questions them.

Before any of them could reply, the gates open and Vaemond Velaryon's party marches in. Vaemond Velaryon tried to stare them down, but he got a death glare from Daenaera and an unimpressed look form Jacaerys while Lucerys rolled his eyes at him.

Baela and Rhaena utterly ignored the brother of the Sea Snake. 

As everyone cleared out after Vaemond's entrance, he can hear whispers from the people. Of Daenaera's beauty, how she looked so much like her mother, Queen Aemma, Princess Rhaenys, and Lady Jocelyn Baratheon, all four women having been some of the greatest beauties the realm had ever seen. 

Of Jacaerys and Lucerys, and that the Princess of Dragonstone would be looking for matches for her elder children and their own children they wanted to put forth.

"Niece, nephews, cousins, my ladies." Aemond drawled. He felt a flash of jealousy and annoyance when he saw Jacaerys subtly stand in front of Daenaera.

His niece was never alone, always with someone but never him.

"Uncle." Daenaera greeted. "Good match, though I believe Criston should have gotten a few more blows to the face."

"Why so?"

"He would look so much better without any teeth. And you might have even killed him." the rider of Silverwing snarked.

"And the world would be much better without him." Baela added.

Criston glared at them, hand going for his sword. Ser Arryk and the other guards hands went for their own. "Princesses should not speak that way."

"Andal princessess, Ser Criston." the white-gold haired Princess. "But we are the Blood of Old Valyria, and for five thousand years women were equal to men, being the matriarchs of their houses, fighting and winning wars with men."

"The Stormlands hav not forgotten Ser Joffrey Lonmouth's murder at your hands, Cole. Do the Greens always let murders get away form justice? The Blacks take care that justice is given to their followers and the people." Cassandra Baratheon added, sapphire blue eyes glaring at the Cole Knight.

Joffrey Lonmouth? He had never been told how the Knight of Kisses really died...

"Would you like to go for a walk, niece?" Aemond asked Daenaera.

"Very well, uncle." the Dragon Princess agreed, taking her uncles arm. He felt a flash of triumph, to finally have her alone, as they walked out of the training yard.

That's today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it!