Interlude: Reactions

The Eyrie, the Vale

132 AC

"What's wrong, love?" Jessamyn Redfort yawned from her spot in Jeyne's bed.

Jeyne read the letter that had just come with wide eyes. "It appears the King is dead, and the Queen shall be crowned. The coronation is soon."

"Finally, a women in charge." Jessamyn smirked.

"A women in charge." the Maiden of the Vale agreed with a grin.

Highgarden, the Reach

132 AC

"Mother, we have a letter from Maria." Matthos reported.

The Lady Dowager of Highgarden glanced up from her tea. "What is it?"

"Viserys is dead, and Rhaenyra has taken control. The coronation is soon, and Maria reports that the Queen wants the Tyrells and Arryns to be there." Matthos said. "And after, Aemma's death shall be revenged."

Elys grinned. Rhaenyra had tipped her off and Elys had gladly taken the measures to collect all the evidence she had been able to get her hands on.

Casterly Rock, the Westerlands

132 AC

Jason read his daughter's letter quickly. Jocasta had been his only child from his first marriage, but Vanessa had raised her as her own.

It made Jason love his wife even more.

"It appears we have a coronation to attend." he informed his wife.

"To who?" Vanessa Lannister nee Arryn, inquired, bouncing their five year old son in her arms.

"The Queen." the Lord of Casterly Rock informed his wife.

"Long live the Queen." Vanessa smiled.

Maegor's Holdfast, the Red Keep

132 AC

Aemond turned around as his half sister entered his room with Harrold Westerling. It had been two days since he had been locked in his room all of a sudden.

"Where is Father? He will strip of your status as heir when he learns of this!" Aemond yelled. Harrold put his hand on his sword but Rhaenyra motioned for him to stand down.

"I apologize Aemond, but it was nessecary. I would not risk Otto crowning you or Aegon once Father died."

Father died. Aemond realized.Father's dead.

Rhaenyra will kill me, Daeron, and Aegon now. he concluded.

"Will you kill me, Aemond, and Daeron?" the One Eyed Prince spat. "The Realm will never bow to a Kinslayer."

"For the love of the Fourteen—No I am not going to kill you or our brothers!" Rhaenyra rolled her eyes. "Do you really believe Otto's lies?"

"Partly." Aemond admitted.

"Well, my coronation is soon and you and Aegon are allowed to leave your rooms. There will be a few trials happening tomorrow." the Realm's Delight said simply and left.

The Wildfire Prince stayed in his rooms a few moments longer before leaving. His entire world had been shaken, and no longer was this the Greens base of power.

It was the Blacks home once more.

That is today's chapter. I hope you have all enjoyed it!