Before the Hearing

Rhaenyra's Tower Apartments, Maegor's Holdfast

132 AC

"You look beautiful, my darling." Rhaenyra smiled when Daenaera came downstairs.

"You look otherworldly." Lucerys added. He wore black pants, black boots, a navy blue doublet with red and silver needlework creating a winged seahorse.

"I feel underdressed." Jacaerys whined. Jacaerys was the image of the Velaryon heir that day.

He wore black breeches and boots with a billowy blue blouse and a silver vest. The Velaryon's Valyrian Steel sword, Riptide, was sheathed at his waist and a Velaryon blue cloak hung from his shoulders, held in place by silver seahorse pins.

"You don't look underdressed." Daenaera shrugged.

She wore floor length blood red silk gown artfully dropped over her body with black and gold beading, highlighting her svelte, curvaceous, and slim body, with black flames decorating the skirt. The back of the dress had a mesh of blood red lace, so you could just see her blood red corset.

While the dress was beautiful, the heirlooms she wore were an important symbol. For they were worn only by queens and future queens.

So she and her mother split them up.

While Rhaenyra wore a black and red gown, she wore an elegant, intricate ruby and Valyrian steel necklace that was Aegon the Conqueror's wedding gift to Queen Rhaenys, and a pair of fire shaped ruby earrings favored by Queen Visenya.

Daenaera wore a ruby and dragonglass necklace that was the favorite of Queen Alysanne, the main and center ruby just above the swells of her breast, a gold and onyx arm cuff shaped like a dragon, a favorite of Queen Rhaena but commissioned by Queen Alyssa, a ruby and Valyrian steel ring with a matching bracelet, the favorite of Queen Rhaenys and worn by Queen Alyssa— Maegor had gifted this to Rhaena on their wedding day; and it was rumored to have been owned by Daenys the Dreamer. 

Another dragongless and silver ring was on her left ring finger, made by Prince Aemon to be worn by Lady Jocelyn as his courting gift to her, and later Princess Rhaenys.

The Queen Who Never Was had gifted the ring to her granddaughter on her fourteenth birthday, just like Jocelyn had done for her.

The Silver Princess's favorite heirloom were the waterfall ruby earrings, worn not by the famous dead Queens but by Queen Aemma Arryn, Viserys had gifted her these after the birth of Realm's Delight.

Rhaenyra had been unable to wear them after the Arryn Queen's death, and so she passed them down to her daughter.

The crown she wore a a circlet of Valyrian steel and rubies, shaped like a dragon, made and owned by Queen Visenya. No one had worn it since... until she had dug it up from the treasuries of Dragonstone.

Baela wore a black gown with gold lace decorations, while Rhaena wore a black gown with red cloak with black designs and a golden necklace.

"We are the Blood of Valyria." Rhaenyra said. "We are the House of the Dragon, we command the skies, our family survived the Doom of Valyria. Let Vaemond and the Greens try to crack us, and let him fail."

With that, the Blacks walked out and into the castle.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.