Bakugo x Reader

- based on Water Fountain by Alex Benjamin

"I don't wanna be in this relationship if you don't want to like I do. I love you Katsuki and it's not fair for you to just dismiss that I've said it. If you don't love me back I can give you time. I can't wait forever though." Y/n told Katsuki before taking a sip from the water fountain. "I.. I'm not ready Y/n.." Katsuki whispered. He hated admitting to things but if he wanted a chance to be in this relationship he had to. "Please just wait a little longer. We can be broken up and you can get with anyone else but just wait for me, Y/n." Katsuki grumbled. She smiled and nodded. "Ok." She put her hand on his cheek and kissed him. "I'll wait for you." She walked away.

-

"Do you love him..?" Katsuki asked Y/n. She jumped. "I'm sorry?" She responded. "Do you love him?" He snapped. "Of course I don't. I'm ready to be in a relationship so that's what I'm doing. He's just a rebound and I'll be right back in your arms when you're ready." She explained. He nodded before walking away.

-

Y/n stood by the water fountain with her new boyfriend. He treated her right in one way but not the other. He loved her body but not her personality. She missed Katsuki but this guy would do until he was ready right? He had his hands all over her body. She pulled away, clearly uncomfortable. "Let's just go back to the dance.." she suggested quietly. He rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

They stood on the dance floor and he had his hands all over her ass. She tried moving his hands up but he would always move them back. He kissed her and whispered something inaudible to Bakugo. She quit fighting him and just stayed quiet.

~

"Katsuki?" Y/n called the boy. "Can you come over? It's thundering and I can't sleep. I'm having nightmares. It's fine if not. Don't worry about me but if you can then please come over." She sniffles before ending the call. Seconds later he called her back. "I'm on my way, alright Y/n?" He assured her. "Ok." She muttered and he hung up.

-

He used his spare key to get in and walked up to her room. He opened the door and went straight to his crying girlfriend. "Mom left to be with some guy she met online and I couldn't sleep. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." She cried. He cradled her and reassured her it was okay.

~

"Did you know the handle rusted?" Y/n asked Katsuki who was standing at the water fountain drinking water. "Yea. No one does maintenance on it enough for the rust to not set in." He responded before walking back into the dance. She followed. He sat down and spaced out while she went back to the awful boy she came with. He imagined dancing with her. Kissing her passionately. Reluctantly dancing with her and having a genuine smile. He was broken out of the trance when he noticed the man touching her like a sex craved devil. He was going to beat the hell out of him when he remembered that he cut it off with her. That was his fault. He left to go back to the water fountain.

He found a tool bag coincidentally there. It had things he could use to fix the rust and everything else on the fountain. He started his work. When he was done he noticed Y/n standing by him. "You fixed our fountain." She smiled. "Yea." He responded. "It was too rusty. It deserved better." He smiled lightly. He didn't know why he was smiling but this interaction made him so happy. "I miss you." He whispered. "What?" She asked. He looked at her. "Does he make you happy?" He asked. "Honestly?" She responded. "No. He just likes my body. I'd much rather be with you again but I'm waiting for you. Don't rush yourself to be ready though Kat." She answered. He hugged her tightly. "I think I'm ready to try again.." he told her. She smiled widely. "Let's go dance." She said excitedly. "Let's dance right here. This place is special." He responded. She calmed down and wrapped her arms around his neck. He put his hands on her hips like the other guy should have. "I almost beat that other guy up. You were so uncomfortable but he kept touching you. I walked away. I'm trying to control my anger issues. I want to be better for you Y/n. I hate how my walls fell down for you but they did." He told her. She smiled and rested her head on her chest. "I love you Katsuki." She said. "I love you too." He mumbled.

-
814 words. I'm sorry I'm so absent guys I've just been so busy😭💔