Todoroki x Reader

Introduced me to your family
watched my favorite shows on your TV
Made me breakfast in the morning
when you got home from work

The dinner with the Todoroki's was nice. Y/n had enjoyed meeting Shoto's family. Fuyumi was amazing and kind. Natsuo was conflicting. He was nice but very stiff the moment their father walked in. They knew the situation with Shoto's father. They didn't exactly hate Enji but they certainly didn't like him. They had stayed the night that night and woke up to Shoto making breakfast.

Making plans to travel 'round the world
Said we'd always put each other first
Old love songs we used to play to
Funny, now I hate you

Shoto and Y/n had hundreds of plans to go places. They loved the idea of exploring other places' hero agencies. They had a mutual, unspoken agreement to always put each other first. They'd listen to old love songs while telling each other about their plans with each other. It was funny to Y/n that they hated him now.

Now I remember when you'd call me late at night
I gave you my hours and advice just tryna fix you
And all your daddy issues
But now I don't even miss you anymore

Shoto would call Y/n late at night to get help with his notes. He'd take notes on his own quirk and his fathers. Though Shoto was terrible at observing things about his father and he was fairly oblivious. That's where Y/n came in. They would easily help him with his notes and observations. They spent hours helping him and giving him advice. His daddy issues were too excessive to think properly. They couldn't say they missed him anymore. They only missed his love and affection.

So I, I want all the tears back that I cried
All the hours spent giving advice
On how to write your songs
All you did was prove me wrong
When you said you loved me
Well, you must've had your fingers crossed

They wanted every tear they cried back. He wasn't worth it. He didn't deserve their tears. They spent hours helping him with notes and work but he only proved them wrong. He must've had his fingers crossed when he told them he loved them.

Shoulda paid attention to my friends
Telling me how bad it's gonna end
Always giving their opinions
Now I wish I would have listened

Though Momo always told them their relationship was going to end terribly they didn't want to believe it. I mean what does Yaomomo know? Oh boy did Yaomomo know a lot more than she let on. After all, she was a major reason that Y/n and Shoto broke up. Though Y/n wished they would've listened to Momo and Jiro they couldn't change anything now.

I could say I'm sorry but I'm not
You don't deserve the one thing that you lost

Y/n could've said they were sorry but they weren't. He deserved what they did to him. He deserved the message they sent to the entire class 1-A group chat.

Now I remember when you'd call me late at night
And I gave you my hours and advice just tryna fix you
And all your daddy issues
But now I don't even miss you anymore

They remembered the hundreds of times they had to comfort Shoto. He wasn't very open when they first got together but the closer they got the more that Shoto opened up to them. They knew him. They knew everything about him. He was an open book to them. It's a shame he ruined their relationship.

So I, I want all the tears back that I cried
All the hours spent giving advice
On how to write your songs
All you did was prove me wrong
When you said you loved me
Well, you must've had your fingers crossed

They wanted every single tear back. Y/n couldn't believe that they let themself get so hung up over some pompous jerk. He only proved them wrong about everything. They wanted to take back every comforting word they told him. Every single piece of advice that they gave him.

your fingers crossed
(Oh, oh) your fingers crossed
(Oh, oh) oh, when you said you loved me
Well, you must've had your fingers crossed

They couldn't believe that they ever loved him. They knew his fingers were crossed when he said he loved them. They knew that now because he cheated. Someone who cheats - more than once - doesn't love you. They knew he didn't. They knew he didn't because he wouldn't have done that, right?

So I, I want all the tears back that I cried
All the hours spent giving advice
On how to write your songs
All you did was prove me wrong
Wish you said you loved me
When you didn't have your fingers crossed

They we exhausted of thinking about him. He was just a drain in a pool and that pool was their mind. Momo and Shoto didn't deserve any space in their mind. After all, they hurt them more than anyone else ever had. They didn't deserve that space yet that space was occupied by the new couple. Shoto hurt them by cheating on them with Yaomomo. He thought he could pull it off but he didn't. Momo tried reimbursing but Y/n wouldn't let her. They didn't want that friendship ever again. Never again would they let themself get hurt. Not by pompous assholes. Never.

-

865 words. Song is Fingers Crossed by Lauren Spencer Smith.