🦷

Everyone who wanted to start the studies of dentistry in Acadia University, was told the stories about Seppo Järvinen - the most incompetent student, who somehow still got to study in there.

He was known for being the most clumsy dentistry student, who was causing the most pain, even if he was using anesthesia. Though he was passing tests and exams with flying colors, his practical skills left much to be desired.

Dean gave Seppo an ultimatum - if he manages to perform the procedures successfully, he will continue the studies. But if he fails, he'll be expelled in an extraordinary rendition.

It was a punch for student. He has always dreamt of being a dentist, he couldn't fail now!

He got a permission to practice in the university dental office. He only needed patients to practice on. But since his reputation was quite damaged, no one wanted to make appointment, even for free.

But Seppo didn't give up and went out to the town, to hang the posters advertising his free service.

He was hanging the last poster, when this little boy, no older than 5, walked over to student and eyed the poster.

- Do you really fix teeth for free? - he asked.

- Yep! But only for limited time, so better hurry up! Why are you asking, do your teeth ache? - student asked.

- No, my teeth are fine. However, my brother's not so - child explained.

- Well, he's welcome to come to the address on the poster, I will be waiting for him there - Seppo replied. Boy fiddled with his fingers.

- Would you wait for him to come at night? - he asked unexpectedly.

- Why? - student was confused.

- He's really, really shy and doesn't like when strangers are staring at him. When it's dark, it's less likely to stumble upon others - kid said.

That sounded strange and quite suspicious. What if this kid's brother was a criminal and didn't want to get caught?

- Could your brother possibly have done something bad and that's why he can't come in the daytime? - Seppo asked.

- No! He's really kind and gentle, he just doesn't like to be pointed at and stared at, as I said before - boy replied.

Seppo then thought that maybe kid's brother had an social anxiety and was an introvert.

- Okay, I'll be waiting - he promised.

- Thank you! Uhhh... - kid didn't know how to call Seppo.

- I'm Seppo - student said.

- I'm Kimi and thanks again for your kindness - boy said and was about to leave, but then added:

- I almost forgot! You have to swear that you won't tell anyone about my brother.

"His brother must be a weird guy" Seppo thought, but promised not to tell anyone about Kimi's brother appointment anyway.

After that, boy seemed contented and scurried off to somewhere.

Seppo shrugged it off and headed to the university dental office, to wait for his potential patients.

***

Clock struck nine and no one came so far. Seppo was sitting in the office for the whole day, waiting for anyone to come. All for nothing. He hoped that Kimi will keep his word and will bring his brother for the appointment.

He perked up, hearing soft knocking on the door. He dashed there and opened it. He got confused, seeing only the boy.

- We didn't come too late, right? - Kimi asked.