13. Three Years Later 1/2

Sigrid was nine years old when she first met Dagur, and let's just say it wasn't a very pleasant meeting...

The day he arrived at his father's side had been a surprise to the young Haddock children, who had only ever seen Oswald the Agreeable arrive by himself - accompanied by Berserker warriors of course. But Stoick wasn't nearly as surprised, he'd known about it after all.

"Oswald, it's a pleasure to see you again." Stoick greeted politely, an example to his children that they should show the same politeness.

Sigrid was polite just fine, just a little confused. She thought Oswald had a daughter, too? But she found it wise not to ask.

"The pleasure's all mine!" Oswald laughed, not taking this whole ordeal too seriously.

Sigrid wasn't looking at him though, as her eyes focussed on the wee lad behind him, who appeared to be around her age. Actually, now that she thought about it, her father had already told her that the Berserker Chief's son was only a year younger than her. Stoick had said it as if it was something positive, like they could be friends. But Sigrid wasn't so sure...

"Come on, son. Don't be rude."

Against his will, Dagur was dragged out from behind his father, and pushed to face the Hooligans himself.

"Daddy!" He protested with a growl, he didn't like being told what to do. "Don't embaress me."

Oswald only laughed. "This is my son, Dagur. Dagur, meet Sigrid and Hiccup, Chief Stoick's children."

"Okay.." Dagur mumbled, before looking awfully tense as he walked up to the two Haddocks.

Sigrid raised her brow, not hiding her strange expression as she had no clue what in the world he was doing. But her answer was quite literally thrown in her face as Dagur thrusted his hand out infront of her... for a handshake. It was obvious it wasn't out of his own politeness, and that his father had in fact told him to do this probably since they left home.

Slightly amused, Sigrid accepted his gesture and shook his hand. Her grin took Dagur off guard, and he seemed to blush as his tense expression deepened. He felt made a fool off.

"Nice to meet you, Dagur." Sigrid spoke as politely as her father had always coached her to. "I'm Sigrid, and this is my little brother Hiccup."

"Uhhh- Yeah... I know, my dad literally just said that."

Sigrid's face downturned into a glare at Dagur's snappy words. What a prick.

"Hello." Hiccup squeeked out, a little intimidated by the size difference between the two boys.

To be fair, he was only five.

Sigrid stood there awkwardly, as Dagur still held a tight grasp on her hand. She didn't know if he was trying to intimidate her, by staring at her so intensely, or if he'd simply forgotten he was holding her hand. Suddenly, Dagur let go of her hand, and harshly pulled it back as if her touch had burned him.

Weirdo.

He never even bothered to shake Hiccup's hand...

Sigrid hoped that this would be all from Dagur, but the longer the Berserkers were on the Berk the quicker she realised that Dagur wasn't a shy, slightly awkward boy at all, he was a menace. That tenseness wasn't him being nervous about meeting the Hooligans for the first time, no, it had been his own strange way of appearing 'cool' infront of the Chief and his eldest child.