59. How To Catch a Hiccup

"GROUND ALL DRAGONS, SEAL THE GATES, LOWER THE STORM DOORS!"

Stoick was in a full blown panic, running around Berk, locking everything on sight. Whilst the people of Berk rushed to do what their Chief told them.

"No dragon or Viking sets foot off this island, until I give the word!"

Hiccup didn't understand the reason for hysterics. "Wait- because some guy you knew is stirring up trouble, on some faraway land?"

"Because Drago Bludvist is a madman, with no conscience of mercy." Stoick grabbed his son by the shoulder, looking sternly into his eyes. "If he's build a dragon army... gods help us all."

"What about Berserker Island, I need to warn them." Sigrid jumped at her father's side. 

Stoick heavily disagreed. "No! It's not safe, you're staying here for as long as I say."

"What if we ride back out there? We'll follow those trappers to Drago, and talk some sense into him." Hiccup tried to reason.

Stoick shook his head. "No, we fortify the island."

"It's our duty to keep the peace!" Hiccup protested.

"Peace is over, Hiccup. I must prepare you for war."

"War?" The Haddock siblings gasped. 

Hiccup wasn't accepting that declaration. "Dad, if Drago's coming for our dragons, we can't wait around for him to get here. Let's go find him, and change his mind."

"No son, minds won't be changed, Hiccup. Berk is what you've got to worry about, a Chief protects his own."

And with that, Stoick marched off, leaving his children with no room left to argue.

What could she do now? Sigrid thought in worry. It was too dangerous to send a Terror mail back to Berserker island, nevermind flying to it. Even if she hated it, her father was right, she was in no current condition to put her life at risk. She had too much to protect. 

But, what if Drago went to them first? Sigrid shuddered at the thought.

"Hiccup, don't." Astrid told the youngest Haddock, but he'd already made up his mind.

"I have to."

Before they knew it, Hiccup had jumped on his trusted Nightfury, and dashed right towards the closing doors. 

"Hiccup, no!" Sigrid yelled after him, accompanied by her father's booming voice. 

But it didn't matter, Hiccup was gone, and Astrid had flown right after him.

Sigrid felt her eye twitch. "You've got to be kidding me!"

Even after all these years, her brother was still one thing; stubborn. Nothing had been able to bring his spirit down. Not anyone on Berk, not Dagur, not Viggo, not Johann. It would've been impressive, if it wasn't so frigging annoying sometimes. Especially if it put his life at risk.

"Snotlout, Fishlegs, Ruff and Tuff. You guys fly ahead and get Hiccup and Astrid out of there!" Sigrid commanded as they scoured through the sky, trying to find the missing Vikings as fast as they could. 

"What are you going to do, Sigrid?" Fishlegs questioned.

"I'm going to make sure that we're not interrupted."

With a final nod, the Skrill rider took in a summersault. Sigrid made sure to circle the area they flew, just in case any other dragon trappers would come by to help out their mates. But, as their luck would have it, no one was coming to the trapped trappers' rescue.