The Promise to a Loved One

From the point of view of Lancelot Winey

"How did you discover the Alacryan base? The woman who introduced herself as Helena Blavatsky asked.

Deciding to feign ignorance, I said, putting on a nonchalant face, "My bond is very sensitive to mana, so he could sense mages."

I don't think saying that it was an enemy general's scythe that had given me the location would have gotten a warm reaction from her.

"Human flesh is actually too stringy for my taste." A voice came from the window of the room we are currently in.

"Welcome Fluger." Said my bond was in his white hawk form.

"Th-it talks!" Madame Blavatsky took a step back more in surprise than fear.

From the point of view of Iris Flirting

After regaining her composure, Madame Blavatsky continued with the questions, but Lancelot spoke only as much as was necessary, but that was enough to satisfy Madame Blavatsky.

"I have some things to do so I'm going to retire now." Lancelot said getting up. "Iris is the teleport portal to Etistin working?

"Yes it is." I replied.

"Perfect, Fluger, take Caera home, I'll settle some matters in the capital."

"OK."

"Then as quickly as he appeared Lancelot was gone.

From the point of view of Kathyln Glayder

"Kathyln needs to get back on her feet. Or do you intend to spend the rest of your days lying in bed in the fetal position." One voice

it came from the balcony of my room, I could go a thousand years without hearing it and I could tell who it belonged to.

"Lancelot, I thought I had power, I felt strong, I knew that somehow I would protect them, but in the end I couldn't save anyone I'm sorry, but I can't fight anymore..." He said without changing his voice. position I was currently in.

"Your burden is heavy and it must hurt, but I'm here, and I'll protect you." With each word Lancelot's voice rose, indicating that he was approaching me.

I looked over just my shoulder only to see Lancelot standing beside my bed.

"Your father knew and so did Curtis! That there was no guarantee that everything would turn out all right.

Do you think if you give up all the killings will stop?"

I didn't answer his question, but Lancelot took my silence as an answer, for he continued talking.

"The moment we accept to tread the path of magic, I think that our lives cannot be limited to these misfortunes. For all those who have left contributed to something in this vast path, we are the ones who are going to give meaning to their lives, and those who those who come later will give meaning to our lives. So living in mourning over his death can tarnish your memory of who we lost. Kathyln what did your father and brother entrust you with? You don't have to answer me now, but until you find that answer never stand still, that's the burden you must carry, if it's too heavy for you to carry it alone, share it with me or I'm not your boyfriend."

Lancelot sat beside me and began stroking my hair.

"Kathyln no matter what path you choose, I will be there for you, you will grow into a great woman we both will do our best together understand?"

Tears began to silently trickle down my rest.

Dad, Curtis I'm sorry.

I was about to use you guys as an excuse to run away, I was about to take the easy way out.

I got up from my bed wiping my tears.

"You don't need help washing up, right?" Lancelot said his tone was light, teasing.

"Shut up you idiot." I rolled my eyes and let out a small laugh at her childish stupidity.