The theory of magic

Author's Note: The mana zone I took from Black Clover.

From the point of view of Lancelot Winey (Ayanokoji)

After very busy months thanks to the tournament between the three races, my life returned to being calm and peaceful.

Because of that, I can refocus on my study of the theory of magic.

After getting a shot of strong black coffee I went back to the library, thanks to my victory in the tournament between the three races the royal family gave me a wide variety of books on mana.

Something I would like to be able to do was absorb mana with my body in motion, that would make things a lot easier, I knew that this was possible after all mana beasts they would most likely be able to do this innocently, after all even though they didn't have a developed cognitive ability could create mana core like us.

But after weeks of trying to find a way to do this, I couldn't even formulate a theory about it so in the end I gave up.

As I couldn't do that, I started to think of a different way to use mana and I had an idea.

It is possible to inject mana into inanimate objects, a great example of this is dimensional rings.

My idea was to basically inject mana from specific spells into a paper and leave that spell dormant in that same paper, and when I inject mana into the paper again the spell engraved on it would be instantly activated, although this method has little flexibility, it has many strengths an example of this are: The little mana that is used to activate it and also it is much faster to use, since you don't have to spend time chanting spell.

*******************************************

I must admit that the idea I developed was much easier in theory than in practice.

But after four long months I was finally able to put my idea into practice.

I named this idea a magic circle, after all I needed to create an inscription pattern using a specialized ink that I created myself.

Each spell had a different inscription pattern, which was quite problematic to deal with, after all I had to find the right inscription for each type of spell, if the inscription had a minor flaw the spell wouldn't work.

I put my study of magic circles aside a little and went back to studying mana.

The next thing I tried to do was create a mastery over the mana around me, literally creating a zone where I would control all the atmospheric mana around me.

After a month of trying to do this I finally got it and I called this skill a mana zone.

The mana zone allows me to manipulate the mana in the surrounding area, thus being able to gather and utilize more mana than I normally could.

Offensively, this mana can be channeled into spells to increase their size, number, and range. It can also be used to launch attacks in any direction and from any direction within the zone. Spells can be created around a target to stop them from escaping, within an enemy's spell to destroy it, or behind a target to take them by surprise.

Defensively, mana can be used to improve mana detection and increase reaction time, allowing for predicting attacks from enemies.

After developing these two techniques I revealed them to my parents and Sam.

Sam has practically become a member of the Winey family, I considered her an older sister, I truly respected her as she taught me many things that a book couldn't.

My mother wanted to spread these techniques, especially magic circles, she said that it would help many mages especially those with low mana, and she was right, but I don't have an obligation to help everyone, so I denied all her requests, and how this was my invention he agreed.

It may no longer seem like magic circles can be extremely dangerous after all they make a low class mage cast spells that high level without using almost any mana.

Magic circles can drastically change the power levels of the wizarding world.

The next few months passed quickly as I was focused on teaching my parents and Sam to utilize the mana zone.

The first one to master this skill was my mother it only took 1 month and a half which was quite impressive.

My mother was a very talented mage after all her mana core was in the dark silver stage, even though she was already reaching her peak of power as a mage my mother still continued to train her affinity element which was fire, she can too use the lightning element.

The second to be able to use the mana zone was Sam and last but not least my father did too.

After I had achieved my goals for my mana study, I started thinking about my new goal.

And whenever I thought about it, the words of Esdeath, Ayla, and Kezi about their futures echoed again in my mind, and they all had something in common and that was the clearings of the beasts.

'I think it's time I ventured into the beast glades.'

My plan to venture into the beast glades had to be postponed for two reasons which were the arrival of winter and the birthday of the queen of Sapin, Priscilla Glayder.