Chapter No 23

"She looks so innocent," Phoenix thought. He quickly ran his fingers through his hairs trying to avoid his thoughts.

The heater's temperature was a bit high and it was directly throwing warm air in the direction where Anna was sitting, the chocolate gone melted over her fingers. She turned to grab her bag but due to her chocolate dip hands she was unable to open it.

"Let me, " he said.

He came closer from his seat to hers' and started unzipping her bag. Anna's heart rate increased as he was extremely close to her. She was avoiding his touch as their shoulders messed.

She could feel his breath. He finally unzipped her bag and she was able to get tissue. "Thanks," She said. He did not reply.

Phoenix noticed someone over Olivia's door. He was a man in his mid 30s and with him there was another man in his mid 40s and a woman, who had slightly resemblance with Olivia.

"She is her mom," she said.

"How do you know?" He asked.

"I saw her picture with her," she replied.

The trio went inside now.

"What you say, should we go ahead and watch?" she asked.

"That's a good Idea if you are okay with a cold?" He was concerned.

"He did care about me ?" she thought.

"Yeah, I am okay let's go" She said.

They both went ahead towards Olivia's door and then to windows.

"Mom please I am not ready," Olivia was crying.

Phoenix was much taller than Anna, able to see through the window easily while Anna could only hear what's happening.

"You little brat, there is no more time for you, you have two choices, either you have to accept what I am saying or else I will give the bastard baby of yours to the orphanage," It was Olivia's mother, who was using such harsh words for her own daughter and grandchild.

Phoenix felt his fist tighten, while Anna put her hand over mouth she was unable to believe what she was hearing.

"What are you talking about so much? we will bring her back" It was a man in his mid 40s who said harshly.

Phoenix hears Olivia gasping.

"No I will never come, you can't force me," Olivia was screaming .

Phoenix took a deep breath.

"You have to come, you are the golden sparrow for me," It was a third man who was in his mid 30s, he spoke angrily. Suddenly he walked forward towards her and grabbed her harshly, "You have to marry me, " he said.

"I will kill that bastard," Phoenix said while walking towards the door. Anna grabbed his jacket in order to stop him.

"Phoenix, no we can't do this directly, calm down let me call the police, she is in danger, Richard is in danger, they are no good people, but before just do me a favor".

She dragged him forcefully to the window again while whispering despite it being very difficult for her to be dragged. He crossed his arms and looked furiously at her.

"Look, I also want to save her but we have to think accordingly okay?" She said, he gave her a sigh like saying 'fine'.

"Lift me up," She said calmly,

"What?" he said, startled.

"I will make a video of the situation to lift me up," she said,

"What makes you think I can't make a video?" he said while crossing his arms around his chest. Anna rolled her eyes.

"Because you have left your phone inside your car now stop wasting time and lift me up," she said.

"You can give me yours," he said.

"Why is he so annoying?" she thought.

"Fine," she said, disappointed.

Phoenix went to the window again with her phone and now was making a video. The man who had grabbed Olivia's hand had very dangerous and nasty expressions. Olivia tried to free herself from him. But he was not leaving her hand. She slapped him, making him more furious. But just then the woman who was her own mother grabbed her from her shoulder and slapped her so much harder that she fell on the floor. Phoenix gave Anna her phone and said

"Now that's it, I am going in that bastard had hit her," he said.

"Phoenix no," said Anna horribly.

But she saw death stare in his eyes, she never had seen him this much angry like he was right now it made her still stand and freeze. His eyes were as solid as ruthless but the thing she noticed briefly was his eyes changed color. They turned red from blue, making her startled.

"How can it be? How can a human change his eye color?" she thought. He slightly pushed her aside and went to the door. She was shaking. Getting herself composed she started dialing 911. After a few ringing a woman spoke from the other side.

"Hello officer, there is an emergency we need help," she gave Olivia's address and she hung up and went inside,but it was a horrible sight.

Olivia had fallen on the floor unconsciously. Phoenix had grabbed that man by the throat and was choking him. Anna ran towards him and holds his arm

"Phoenix this is not the way," She screamed running towards him. He could kill him and end up in jail.

"Phoenix let him go please," she said while crying. He looked at her, his eyes were red, scaring her. She took a few steps back. He left him and was now taking a deep breath, calming him down.

Anna was crying. Just then Olivia's mother came with a knife and tried to stab Phoenix but she missed it. Anna throws her toward the wall. The police came inside the home, from the current situation, they understood the incident. They arrested the trio.

"Tell that bitch this is not over". The man in his 30s said.

Anna was shaking with terror. Phoenix came to her and hugged her slightly. He took her nearby sofa

"Relax everything is fine, sit here let me pick up Olivia she is unconscious," he said softly.

He went ahead and lifted Olivia up in his arms and placed her on the Sofa near Anna. Anna who had somehow been able to control her emotions came forward to help him to settle Olivia.

"She is bleeding, that sucker hit her pretty hard," she said.