Chapter No 24

"Just sit by her side, Phoenix, I am bringing warm water," she went to the kitchen not before checking upon Richard who was sleeping peacefully.

She warmed the water and grabbed Richard's towel and went to the launch.

"Here, it will help," she said while treating her.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"I should not have involved her in this; she was too traumatized," he thought.

"I am okay Phoenix, I have never seen something like this in my life," she said and his red eyes came on the screen of her mind shaking her.

Olivia slowly started gaining consciousness. She tried to get up but she was too exhausted.

"Lay down, Olivia," said Anna.

"Richard, where is Richard, where is my son?" she asked worriedly.

"He is fine and sleeping in his room," said Anna.

"They will take my son away please, please don't let them," she said while crying.

"I won't let anything happen to him, Olivia," said Phoenix while tightening his fists.

"Olivia you are too weak to get up" said Anna but Olivia got up.

"No I am fine Anna, I need to check upon Richard," she said stubbornly.

"He is fine," said Phoenix.

"Let him sleep," Said Anna.

"Now tell me who they are except for your mother, we know that bitch," he said angrily.

"The man who was with my mother is my new stepfather," she said while crying.

Anna gave her a glass of water when calmed she started speaking again.

"And the one who hit me was my stepfather's cousin. They want me to go back to India and marry him, as I am an unwed mother, they think my son is a sin, they want me to get rid of him," she said while looking at the painting on the wall.

"Your own mother?" Asked Anna.

"She is my biological mother but she had nothing like a mother in her, my mom and dad got married fifteen years ago, but from my mother it was only a selfish contract she had signed to get a legal certificate to live here. That man who is my stepfather, now named Pedro here, but his original name is something else. He is living here not legally, my mother had an affair with him even before she married my father and it remained even after I was born, I came to realize that since I was four" she said, smiling bitterly.

"They used to torture me when my father was away until one day when I was 10, my father returned home earlier and saw her with him, she beat me to the death that day so he saw my miserable condition. Since that day their relationship had broken. My father divorced her, he filed a case for my custody but she had other plans so she did not let him take me. After that she married Padro. He gained legal permission to live here in the country due his marriage to her and my custody but from here my miserable days started. They both made my life hell. They used to beat me and treat me like a slave, he even tried to molest me but I someone managed to protect myself,"

She said and then she started crying, hiding her face. Anna suddenly felt sick from what she had gone through, she always felt miserable because she had no parents but right now she felt more terrible because she would never have wished for an abusive parent.

"Olivia, if I ask something will you tell me?" asked Anna. Olivia nodded.

"Who is the father?" asked Anna timidly.

"Is he?" Anna said suddenly.

"No, he is not, if he was I would have never given birth to a monster's child," she said furiously.

"Oh then?" She asked again.

"I am afraid to say his name". She said timid.

"Why ? Why are you afraid? Because he gave you a threat ?" asked Phoenix angrily.

"No he did not of course not," she said startled.

"Then why ?" Phoenix was annoyed.

"Tell us you can trust us Olivia," said Anna.

"Because he does not know that he impregnated me," she said sheepishly.

Both Phoenix and Anna were jaw dropped.

"That stupid little fucking piece of shit I knew he was normally a pinhead" thought Phoenix.

"How come he did not know he got you pregnant? It was some hook up or what?" asked Anna angrily.

Olivia took a deep breath.

"It all started a year ago, I had a crush on him since we were in our junior years, your cousin Sophia knew him, that's why I always hide his name from her. We were juniors and he was in his senior final year and was about to leave school and was going to some other school after that. So, it started when I developed feelings for him. First day I saw him was two years ago when he was 16 and I was 14. I was bullied by his classmates, when step in for my rescue".

She had gone lost in memories.

Two years ago

Olivia was standing in the school hall. She was wearing a pigtail hairstyle with a blue T shirt and white shorts. She was a thin little girl. She was standing in the hall waiting for her one and only friend Sophia. When two girls much taller and much older than her came and "intentionally" collapsed with her making her unbalanced and fall on the floor. Her book fell on the floor. She was a very reserved and shy girl, easily terrified maybe because of her miserable life.

"Oh, what happened when a puny little junior fell on the ground?" said a girl who had a toad like face. Olivia sat in that position awkwardly. Just then she heard an angelic voice.

"Claire, Jane let her go," he said furiously.

That's the first time she saw him this close. He was the leader of the school's film club. He had fawn hairs and tan complexion with light blue eyes, he was tall, attractive and super hot. The both girls walked away giving her a disgusting look. He helped her to get up and collected all of her fallen books and gave them to her.

"You should speak for yourself, if you won't they will always tease, angel eyes," he said with his beautiful smile.

Olivia got lost in his deep blue eyes. He gave her a smile and walked away while running his fingers in his silky fawn hairs. Olivia remained there still staring at his strong back.

***********

Vote, Vote, Vote.