Chapter No 35

The room was very dark, it was the room shared by Charlotte and Edline. It was a huge bedroom. In the room two beds are located near each wall. The walls were painted pink and green. There was a huge painting on top of each bed. Over Charlotte's bed there was her photo, a best memory of her previous birthday. on the other side it was Edline's bed with her photo over the top of her bed.

In the photo there were four people, a man with tan complexion, dark brown eyes and black hairs, a woman with pale complexion dusty blond hairs and green eyes, a man in his thirties with fair complexion who had black hairs and green eyes and a little girl with dark blond hairs and brown eyes.

"Edline are you there?" Anna called out for the girl but she was nowhere to be seen.

Anna searched the room and just then she opened the wardrobe, much to her horror Edline was hiding under the last rag of the cupboard.

"Oh my Ed, what are you doing here?" She asked worriedly.

"Shhh I am hiding from them?" she replied, scared.

"From whom?" Anna asked worriedly.

"Those scary creatures with horns and red eyes, they will get me. I am scared," she said crying.

"Relax I am here honey come out I won't let anything happen to you I promise" Anna said while scratching out her hand for her, after hesitating for a while at first she grabbed her hand. Anna brings her towards her bed.

"What happened? Did you see that nightmare again?" Asked Anna, Edline nodded.

"Don't worry they won't hurt you in real life," Anna said while hugging her.

"When will Richard come back?" she asked worriedly.

"I don't know Ed, but Gabe said he will be back" She said while taking a deep breath.

"I haven't seen him it's been six months, he left me here, because he said it's safer here," she said innocently.

"Yeah, it is safer here, you know I also used to have nightmares," said Anna while primping Edline's hair.

"Really you do," she asked while Anna nodded.

"I also watched my parents die like you did," She said.

"What was your night about?" Asked Edline while looking in Anna's eyes.

"It was darkness," said Anna.

"Are you still scared?" She asked.

"Yeah sometimes, but then I think I have my family at the back of me, the people I love and they won't let anything happen to me, so you do, you have us, we won't let anything happen to you" she said assuring her, Edline smiled widely.

"Now let's go for dinner," she said.

************

"Third times a week, it's been third times a week, they killed a human" said Gabriel,

Anna had entered the dining hall with Edline, she dragged the chair for Edline and settled a napkin around her neck.

"Feeling better?" Asked Catalina.

Edline nodded, Anna went towards her chair and got settled. She put some pasta on her plate and started eating.

"How is it going Ann?" Asked Gabriel.

"Was it good among humans?" he added.

"Yeah it was fine, but you know, restricted to magic," Anna replied.

Catalina filled his plate with Potatoes Dauphinoise

"Mom stop, I can't eat anymore," he said while raising his hands.

"No one goes hungry over dining table in this house," Catalina said with angry expressions.

"Whoa cool down I am eating,"he said while raising his eyebrows.

"Where are Ralph and Austin?" Asked Mr. Carlos, he was done with dinner now he was taking a sip of wine.

"Usually clubbing," said Mariana.

"Club? I am excited to go there," said Lilliana excitedly.

"Whoa hold ya pistols cowgirl, now even here we have human like rules, we cannot do clubbing until 18," said Marianna while winking at Hannah, who smiled.

"But we can do anything after the ritual is so unfair, " said Lilliana.

"New order new rules, you know 20 years ago when demons were ruling every community mercilessly, the war between fallen and angel was on the peak, which ended on a condition that fallen will control there demon toys, so they won't interfere in other supernatural being's matters, so after that demon's territory is being rule by fallen, while no other being went there, but recently few demons are gone rebel and they created a gang known as " Directions " with vampires who went rebel, they started haunting human who lives here in our town, the descendants of warriors without any fighting skills they were easy target, since than for the safety measure peace council had made a law no one under 18 will go such place like club without any older guardian" Gabriel explained

"Yeah rules sucks," said Lilliana while rolling her eyes.

"Gabe, how is it going at council, have you tracked the gang?" asked Mr. Carlos.

"Yeah I have found some traces, some of those members are located in Romania, I am afraid they are gathering other beings too for the war" said Gabriel while taking a bite of apple cake.

"Romania ? Did vampires and werewolves here know?" Asked Catalina, Edline was eating slowly.

"Yeah I met Cassius last night, he said he had made contacts with his relatives in Romania, but Lucas totally denied that any werewolf is involved with the gang. You know how arrogant he is" said Gabriel, annoyed.

"Gabe, did you hear anything about my brother? I am no longer feeling our connection, he created with me before leaving" said Edline sadly.

"Hey little one don't cry, I promise you I will find your brother and my aunt as soon as possible" said Gabriel while hugging Edline slowly. She hugged him back and slowly got up,"I think I need some time alone," she said and left slowly.

"Poor little girl, I am afraid she is carrying far more than her age," said Catalina. "I took her responsibility and Promised her brother that I will take good care of her until his return," she added.