Chapter One Hundred and Thirty Two

Instagram

Liked by deanedwardthompson, lewiscapaldi and 38,937 others

sam_fender This one's a special one🤍

View all 368 comments

username1 My new fav song😭

username2 You're telling me you LEFT this off the album????
|
username3 I KNOW😠😠

lewiscapaldi 🔥🔥
|
sam_fender 🖤

username4 Sam thought he could write a love song about Rory Nightingale and we wouldn't notice🤠
|
username5 How do you know it's about Rory??
|
username4 Oh please, did u see the way he was looking at her in those fan photos/videos last month? He's 10000% still in love with her !!

username6 Sam releasing a love song about his ex whilst she's seeing that footballer is such a power move😭
|
username7 A bit shitty if you ask me🤷🏻‍♀️ she's finally found someone she's happy with and he's trying to sabotage them🤨
|
username8 Agreed. Sam needs to give up his delusions, she's moved on and she's happy!

username9 The lyrics are actually so adorable😭 All is on my side when you're on my side🥺

username10 From now on I'm not accepting I love you from men. If they're not telling me all is on their side when I'm on my side, I don't want it !!!

tomcurrtis Sick🔥
|
sam_fender Cheers mate x

username11 Rory's being uncharacteristically quiet👀
|
username12 Can you blame her? Imagine your toxic ex releasing a love song about you😬😬
|
username13 Ffs maybe it's not even about Rory!! Stop assuming things🙄

Aurora

I hadn't stopped crying since I heard the song. It came as a shock. Sam hadn't once mentioned he was releasing a new song and he had plenty of opportunity to do so. Seeing the title advertised on his social media last week sent my brain into overdrive, transporting me back to my birthday in March when he had sent a bunch of flowers with a note attached, using the very same words as a sign-off. I had avoided him at all costs since then, unable to bare the thought of seeing him after he announced the song. I wouldn't know what to even say! Would I address it? Or would I ignore its existence and pretend that everything was completely fine?

It was Finley I felt awful for. I couldn't imagine how he was feeling. Even though the night out in the Low Lights had gone fairly well, he admitted later on in the night once we were home that he got the feeling Sam didn't like him. He was so worried about what it meant for us because he knew Sam meant a lot to me but I assured him that it was fine. That Sam would warm up to him. And now this.

I called him this morning to see how he was feeling and apologise for the whole situation but he reassured me that it wasn't my fault. I still couldn't help but feel guilty. Especially when all I could think about was mine and Sam's near kiss back in October as Finley admitted that he trusted me.

My doorbell ringing was enough to rip me from my thoughts. With a frown, I set my cup of tea down on the coffee table in front of me and pushed myself up from the sofa to answer the door.

"Fin?" I muttered in confusion. What was he doing here?

"Hey, love," he smiled softly. "Can I come in?"

"Y-yeah!" I blurted as his words pulled me from my daze, stepping aside to let him in. "What yer doing here? I thought you were in London."

"I was," he informed me as the two of us settled on the sofa in my living room. His body language made me feel anxious, the smile on his face almost saddened as he stared at me. "We need to talk, Rora."

"About what?" I frowned, picking at the skin around my nails nervously. He easily noticed, taking my hands in his own and interlocking them.

"Us," he announced.

My brows furrowed deeper. "Us? What about us?" I demanded frantically.

"Rory, you're an incredible woman. You're funny, talented and fucking gorgeous," he began, sending the blood rushing to my cheeks. "And I've loved these past few months with you..."

"But?" I whispered, tears welling in my eyes as I predicted the direction of our conversation.

"But I think it's best if we ended things," he told me, his thumb stroking the back of my hand soothingly.

I swallowed the thick lump at the back of my throat. "W-was it something I did?" I choked, a lone tear trickling from my eye, which Finley reached up to wipe away with the pad of his thumb, his hand lingering on my cheek.

"Of course not, love," he frowned.

"Then what is it?" I croaked.

Finley let a sad smile to at the corners of his lips. "Sam," he admitted. His words forced a burst of rage to fly through me.

"All this because you're jealous?" I hissed, tearing away from him like a hand to a flame.

"No, Rora," he smiled, unbothered by my outburst. He had probably been expecting it. "You're still in love with him."

"What?" I blanked, mouth hanging in shock at his accusation. "I am not!"

"You are, sweetheart," he told me gently. "The way you look at him..." his smile widened sadly. "It's like he hung the stars just for you and you're so much happier around him... brighter."

"That's..." I argued but my words died on my tongue when I realised he was right. I was still in love with my ex-boyfriend. My heart tugged, for me, for Sam but most importantly for Finley, who was heartbroken over the fact.

"It's okay," he assured me, taking a hand in his and squeezing it tightly. "You're still in love with him and that's okay."

"I'm sorry," I cried.

"Hey, please don't cry," he pleaded, pulling me into his arms. I didn't protest, burying my head into the crook of his neck. "It's not your fault. He's a great guy, even if he doesn't like me," he chuckled. "I just want you to be happy, Rora. And if that's with someone else, then so be it."

"We're still... we're still friends though? Reet?" I inquired nervously.

"Of course!" he grinned. "You're not getting rid of me that easily, Nightingale."