Chapter 24

"You freakin' asshole! You really like it when I panic because of you and not the disco, are you?" exclaimed Taehyung, pointing a saddle at him when he entered their apartment.

"Is that a pun? Because it's weird."

"Lame actually. But seriously where were you last night?" asks Jin, as he pours milk to each vacant glass.

"I---, I faint due to tiredness right after the event. Sorry." he lied, knowing how much scolding he will receive from Jin and Taehyung of him being careless.

"I see. But you could've sent us a text instead the moment you woke up and not just show up your face like nothing alarming happened." Taehyung pouts as he stares at Jimin. He is looking for any possible signs that could tell him the other is lying but couldn't find one.

"Alright, since you're now finally home, why don't we just start eating our breakfast? Sounds good?" exclaimed Jin, clapping his hand in the process to get the youngers attention which agreed nonetheless.

And they went and did what Jin told. All busy slurping their jjangmyeon while trying to contain theirselves from laughing as they stare at one another.

After Jin had left to take a rest, Taehyung laid beside Jimin who was staring at the ceiling like it is the prettiest art a man had ever made on earth.

"What really happened, Chim?" blurts Taehyung in the midst of silence, causing Jimin to turn his head to look at him.

Ah, so he didn't believe the lie, says Jimin to himself. He wonders if Jin also felt the same way Taehyung felt when he lied to them earlier but how did Taehyung knew he wasn't the truth?

For starters, Jimin, in his entire part-time career, no matter how tired or sick he was, he will make a way to get his ass back home and that exactly what Taehyung used to decipher his lie. Why didn't he pointed it out earlier when they were with Jin? Only Taehyung knows.

"I--" Jimin heaved a sighed. He himself don't know if he wants to talk about it because he knew, it will scare and anger the other. He always knew how Taehyung is protective of him like a real brother.The world is just unfair to them.

If only he knew he'll be an omega, his mother shouldn't have kept him alive the moment she knew she was pregnant of him. He hates being an omega. Life has always been hard for him since the start and it seems like it's not going to end soon especially now that he made a grave mistake of not taking good care of himself and be more vigilant enough not get himself in trouble. He was assaulted and even when he was saved by Yoongi, he knows deep inside that the alpha will soon take advantage of him. He will now see how a good apple can rot when infested with such dark thoughts of him on his bed, taking his knots.

He is scared and disappointed not only to himself but to Yoongi even when the other haven't placed a finger on him yet just because of his thoughts alone.

Thoughts are really scary, aren't they? Especially when the person you are thinking that will hurt you is indeed innocent and is trying to protect you from the world.

It was late for Jimin to take notice that he is indeed, already crying in the arms of Taehyung as the other tries to calm him.

Jimin is vulnerable, acts more of a baby when he is down, he wouldn't stop whinning unlike Taehyung who can somehow control it when he is in heat.

Wait.

In heat? Taehyung pushes himself a little from Jimin and scans him from head to toe when he noticed the familiar behavior his bestfriend is displaying.

Oh fuck.

He pulls him back to a much tighter hug to which Jimin seems to enjoy and that is when he knew, they're on a big problem.