Social Workers

We walked inside the château when an unfamiler voice was heard. I knew what that meant, and I wasn't ready for it to happen.

"Hey, buddy."

John b just pulled me along after seeing who it was, "You know, Cheryl, it's kind of a bad time for a check-in."

"Not a check-in. We're here to take you." Cheryl replied as John b set his bag down and my face fell in disappoitment.

"Today? Really?" John b asked sitting down as I sat down also.

"It's just for a few weeks until your hearing." Cheryl explained as I tangled my hands in my hair, just listening to the conversation.

"No, no, no. Cheryl, look, I'm not going into foster care, okay?" John b said sounding frustated, "I'm not gonna go be a part of your little system."

That's when someone appeared behind us. I looked up to see a sheriff and new that couldn't be good. This is not what I was expecting today to be like.

"John b, this is Deputy Thomas." Cheryl replied as John b looked towards me, catching my gaze on him.

"He works with juveniles for the sheriff's department." Cheryl explained as John b got up, bringing me with him, "Look, I know Uncle T is down in Mississippi working at a casino. He hasn't been here in months."

"What?" John b scoffed as he interwinded our fingers and kept me behind him.

He then tried to make a run for it, but stopped, "No, see that's my nightmare right there. Look, I--I-- I want emancipation."

"Emancipation from who? There's nobody here but you." Cheryl replied confused as I tightened my grip on John b's hand.

"Uh...asylum, then." John b said shrugging.

"On what grounds?" Cheryl asked.

"On--on solid grounds. On holy grounds." John b replied, "Look, I feel real--real prosecuted right now by you and...especially Mr. Big head over here. What are you lookin' at, bro? What're you gonna do? You gonna tase me?"

"John b, don't test him." I whispered as I rested my chin on his shoulder, "He might tase you."

John b then tried to run again, but was stopped again. Today has been an intersting day to say the least. One absolutly horrible day.

"Oh, yeah, you wanna dance, huh?" The deputy asked as John b walked back towards me.

"Okay, I give up." John b said putting his hands up in surrender as I frowned.

"Wait, you can't take him." I said walking towards Cheryl.

"Why not?" She asked as John b gave me a confused look also.

"Because, he's my boyfriend and I love him. And there is nothing you can do to split us apart." I lied as I grabbed John b's hand, "I'm just asking for you to let me talk with someone. Please."

"I'm sorry kid, but that's not how this works." The women said before looking at John b, "Go get your stuff."

When John b left the room I sighed. This can't be good. I followed after John b before bringing him into a hug. I don't want him to leave.

"Don't go, please don't leave me." I said attempting not to cry when someone else walked in the room.

"Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere." John b whispered before I was forced off him.

"Alright little lady, time to go." The deputy said pushing me all the way through the château before making me leave.

"Shit." I mumbled before I raced around the château, grabbing my motorcycle.

I started it as fast as I could, not even carrying to find my helmet. I raced down the road, and you would be thinking I was going to find the other pouges. But I wasn't, I was going to find someone that was meant to be a pouge.

I practically flipped over the curb as I came to a fast stop. I didn't even care, I let my bike fall to the ground as I raced towards the door. Not carrying to knock either.

I waved at Rafe and Topper who watched me confused. While standing next to the window with golf clubs.

"SARAH!" I shouted running up the stairs and throwing her bedroom door open.

"Bella, what the hell?" She asked as I grabbed her hand and ran down the stairs, grabbing her keys from next to the front door.

I pointed where to go, and continued to tell her to drive faster. If I was driving, and I was going this fast I would have gotten pulled over. But that's why I brought Sarah.

But when I saw John b ride a bike into a chain, I knew he was on the run. I told Sarah to stop and I jumped out of the moving car before she could.

She parked before getting out as well and running after me.

"Dude!" Sarah shouted.

"Who put the chain there." John b groaned.

"Did you just yeet over that chain?" Sarah continued to ask as I got down and smiled at him.

"Hey." He smiled up at me as Sarah stood behind me.

"Hi." I replied before pulling his shirt up, to find a large scrape.

Sarah and John b started talking as I cut them out. I looked up and noticed the car driving towards us. I quickly got behind John b helping him to his feet.

"Okay, we gotta go."

Neither of them questioned me as we got into Sarah's car. I had John b laying across the back seat as I sat on the floor next to him. Making sure nothing happened to his wound.

"Hey, do you--do you see a car? Like a--like a cop SUV? Blue and white, maybe?" John b asked me and I nodded, that's the whole reason I got him in the car so fast.

"Yes, there is a blue and white cop SUV." Sarah said before I could say anything.

"Shit. Do you see a guy with no neck?" John b continued to ask.

"There is a guy. He, in fact, does not have a neck." Sarah said as she watched the Dupty and Cheryl get out of the SUV, "There's a women with him."

"What are they doing?" I asked as Sarah tried to get a better look.

"They're um..." Sarah mumbled as she started to back out of her parking spot.

"Can you-- can you just go, please?" John b shouted, this child has some anger today.

And I can understand that but, wow.

"That's-- that's what I'm doing." Sarah shouted back, okay maybe I should've gotten Kie.

"Thank you. Thank you." John b breathed out as I sat up slightly.

"They're stopped at the dead bike." I said answering my own question as I sighed.

The rest of the car ride was filled with questions. Questions I didn't care to listen to or even answer.