Kiara

"Um, excuse me." a girls voice rang through my ear as me and Rafe were looking around.

I know that voice.

I turned around quickly at the thought of the person. A smile forming on both our faces until Rafe turned around. Then her smile dropped.

"Kiara..." I mumbled and she smiled at me once again, forgetting that Rafe was even here.

"Bella, oh my god your alive!" Kie practically shouted as I ran over pulling her into a hug.

"So are you!" I replied just as loudly as I pulled away and rested my hands on her shoulders, "God I've missed you."

"We've missed you too. JJ mostly." Kie mentioned making me think, where are all the others pouges.

"Where is JJ?" I questioned.

But before she could answer the subject was changed. By the look in Kie's eyes though, she didn't want to tell me. I hope he's okay.

"I knew you and Ward were behind this shit." Kie mentioned pushing past me to get to Rafe but I quickly slid in front of her, my back up against Rafe.

"What are you talking about? You trying to weasel into our deal?" Rafe asked confused, but I did have a few more questions, "Is that what's going on?"

Why is she here?

"I wonder if your little reunion would cause sparks, you know." A man's voice came from beside us.

I don't know that voice.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Me?" He asked as I nodded, "My name is Carlose Singh. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. & Mrs. Camron." Singh said pointing at me and Rafe.

For the sake of making deals, we decided we would contiue the fake married thing. I mean half the people I know thing we're married anyways so why not. But he's never taken me away from John b, he never would.

In fact he's asked me countless times if I wanted to go back to obx to see John b. But I got this gut feeling he wasn't there. I also got the feeling if he saw me with Rafe he'd kill Rafe, and probably me.

"And Ms. Carrera, I do apologize for the rough tactics in bringing you here. But please, come. Sit down. Come now, I don't bite."

"Rough tactics, what about me and my wife?" Rafe asked and at the word wife Kie gave me a confused look, and gave her the I'd tell her later look.

"Yes, Mr. Cameron, false pretenses. But the ends justify the means, I'm afraid. Sit down." Singh answered as Rafe sat down next to me and I grabbed his hand feeling how tense he was.

This deal was not going the way we had planned it too.

"We have a lot to talk about." Singh mentioned.

"Why are we here?" Kie asked looking from me and Rafe back to the floor.

"Well, Ms. Carrera, Mr. Camron, Mrs. Cameron, we share certain interests, you know. Objectives."

"Is this not about the cross?" Rafe asked as I looked to him.

"It is. Tangentially, it is about the cross, but it's also about something much, much bigger than the cross. By orders of magnitude...the completion of a grand quest. You see, the story goes that 450 years ago, a Spanish soldier came out of the Orinoco Basin with a few gold beads. And when they asked the Spanish solider, 'where the beads came form', the Spanish solider replied he got them from a peaceful indigenous tribe who lived in a city of gold. El Dorado. And for the next 450 years, people tried to find that gold, you know. They tried. Conquistadors, knights, captains of ships, tribes, entire nations. All fighting each other in a race for the end of the rainbow. Thousands of lives laid on the pyre of gold fever. And it falls to me, you know. It falls to me in complete the task. To bring full circle a quest that has gone on for amost 500 years. Perhaps...perhaps the greatest quest in the history of the western hemisphere, you know. And you three... you three are going to play a part in that. What about you, Ms. Carrera? Are you interested in history?"

"I'm more of a future person." Kie replied making Rafe groan and me laugh.

I love Kie, I really do, but that's so stupid.

It's bullshit.

"I didn't listen to a word you said, okay?" Rafe mentioned.

"Me neither." I added nodding my head.

"How much you gonna keep philosophizing?" Rafe asked.

"You are direct, aren't you, Mr. Cameron. I can see how you and Mrs. Camron found each other." Singh said making me want to gag, but I had to play the part so I put a fake smile on my face.

"What do you need from me?" Kie asked softly.

Kie wanted to leave, I wanted to go with her. Rafe wanted money.

We were all going seprate ways right now.

"I've come to believe that you and your friends. Also Mrs. Camron's friends are in possession of something that can help me get what I want."

"Which is?" I asked.

"An old manuscript. A diary, actually."

Rafe looked over at Kie who was attempting not to cry. Then over to me, I feel like I know what he's talking about, but at the same time I'm super lost.

"You know I can't give you a diary, but I can give you this." I said flipping Singh off.

"You got a fiesty one." Singh said looking at Rafe who was smiling.

"You have no idea." He replied giving me the signle, to get ready to pull the gun out, "Also I have no idea what you're talking about."

"This is ridiculous. I don't know anything about a diary." Kie replied when Singh looked at me, as if I knew anything.

"So, I've been in a coma, I don't think I know about this part yet." I said making a tssk noise.

"But how else could you have learned that the cross was on the Royal Merchant?" Singh asked, yep this is definatly when I was in a coma.

"Look, I want to help you, but I can't." Kie said shrugging.

"I was hoping you wouldn't say that, you know." Singh mentioned, oh boy, "Because unfortunately, I don't believe you. You and your friends here couldn't have found the cross without it."

"He's not my friend." Kie said quickly

"We can't all be friends, you know." Singh sighed.

"Look, this is ridiculous. Okay? We're out." Rafe said clapping his hands togetther as we stood up, "We don't know anything about a diary, okay? So-- Bella."

I grabbed the gun from my shorts under my dress and pointed it at the gaurd in front of me. He had padding on, and lots of it, but nothing covering his head.

"Who the hell gave you another gun!"

"Fiesty one, Mr. cameron." Signh sighed, "Get her."

Then a bunch of gaurds came and grabbed onto my arms. Well this isn't what's suppose to happen.

"Hey! Hey! Let her go! Come on man! This was my idea!" Rafe shouted as they all dragged me away, and took the gun from me.

"Rafe I'm okay." I said giving him a small smile before he disappeared from my sight.