Pawning gold

Me, John b, and Pope were working on something while Kie and Sarah were in the twinkie. And JJ was somewhere, I don't know where, but somewhere.

But Pope totally wasn't paying attention. He was starring at Kie and I couldn't help but smile. He has a crush on Kie, okay, they would be cute together.

"You wanna help?" John b asked looking up at Pope.

"Yeah." He said nervously turning to see what John b needed, "We got the boat winch out, bring it to the basement, drill it into the floor. We lower you and Bella down and get as much as we can. And, uh...this time we don't drop you. And you're rope doesn't break. Still don't know how that happened?"

"It was old." I shrugged.

Kie and my brother were burning the gold. While I was sitting in between John b's legs. His arms wrapped around my neck as my head laid in his chest.

And after that, me and JJ were suppose to get it pawned. But Kie didn't do a very good job burning the gold. Hopefully it's not a set back.

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein." JJ said as me and him got out of the van starring at the gold.

"Like you could've done better." Kie replied.

"I could have." JJ said as I nodded, it's true, he took a welding class.

I don't know why, but he did.

"He took a welding class." I mentioned to Kie as JJ wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Chill out, okay." John b said seperating me, JJ, and Kie.

Yeah, no wants to get trapped on a boat again. So that was probably the best idea.

"Easy for you to say. You're not the one that has to pawn this peice of shit off." JJ said holding up the gold.

"He's gotta point." I said giving John b an apologietic look.

"How did we get this job anyway?" JJ asked as we started walking in the pawn shop.

"'Cause JJ, you're the best liar." Pope said.

"And Bella, you're the best manipulator." Kie added.

"Plus has an amazing poker face." Sarah added as Kie nodded

"True." I said pointing at the two.

We walked in as JJ greeted the lady and the two of us walked towards her. The others walked down the different isles.

"I see you buy gold." JJ said as we approached her.

Yeah no shit JJ, that's why we're here.

"That's what the sign say, don't it?" The lady asked as I nodded.

"Well, I sure hope you but a lot of it, because we're gonna blow your mind." JJ said as I unzipped his back pack and placed the gold in front of her.

"How about them gold apples?" I asked her with a smile as she gave me and JJ a confused look.

This is where I come in, manipulation, and a poker face.

"That ain't real." She said laughing as I gave her a confused look.

"That ain't real?" I asked repeating what she had said, "Feel how heavy it is."

I smiled as I watched the lady try and pick it up, but fail miserably. She finally was able to pick it up with both hands as I hummed.

"Let's get some light on that." I mentioned as she picked up a magnifin glass and turned the light on it on.

"Spray-painted tungsten." She said as I laughed.

"Spray-painted tungsten? Really? Okay. Why don't you see how, uh, soft it is." I mentioned.

And she did just that as I smiled, "Wow. Would you look at that?"

"Hold your horses." She said to me before me and JJ got too excited, "We ain't got to the acid test yet."

"Ooh! The acid test. My favorite guys." I said as if I actually cared, when I don't.

"Well, it ain't plated, and it ain't painted." She said as I smiled.

"Ma'am, I'm telling ya, this is as real as the day is long." I said as I tapped the counter.

"It looks like somebody tried to melt it down." She said, and now it's JJ's turn.

"My mom. She had all this jewlery laying around the house, and she thought it was best to--to melt it down. To consolidate it." JJ explained as I smiled, see great liar.

"Seven pounds?" She asked as she put it on a weight, "That's a lot of earrings."

"Okay, to be honest, ma'am, it's really hard to see my mom fall apart with Alzheimer's." JJ said the pawn women told us to give her a minute as she walked away.

Me and JJ did our handshake as we waited. We grabbed each others hands bringing it into a thumb war sort of thing, but never raised our thumbs and we kicked the sides of our feet together.

Before pulling away and smiling.

We were good at this.

Best brother sister relationship, ever.

"So, I, uh, I talked to my boss." The pawn women said as she walked out.

"And?" JJ asked.

"And, uh, this is what I can do." She said placing a paper in front of us.

Nope, no, not gonna happen, no way.

JJ used his foot to tap my leg, meaning I was suppose to convince her to give us a higher price.

"Fifty thousand?" I asked as I looked the pawn women straight in the eye.

Intimidation was key.

"You think I walked in here not knowin' the spot price? Ma'am, I know for a fact this is worth 140, at least." I said sliding the paper back towards her.

"Well, sweetie, you in a pawnshop. This ain't Zurich. Do I look Swiss to you?" She asked, clearly she's not intimidated by me so I have to try something else.

"Ninety, or I walk." I said placing my hands against the table.

"Seventy. Half price..." The women argued, "And, um...I don't ask questions about where you got this."

I looked over at John b and he gave me a nodd. I sighed before turning back to the women.

"We're gonna need that in large denominations, please." I sighed tapping my foot.

"Well, here's the snag. I don't have that much denominated, not here anyway. I can write you a cashier's check."

"Cash...No, ma'am. We want the cold hard. That's what that sign says." JJ said pointing at the sign.

"Cash for gold. And that's what we expect." I added as JJ put his hand back down on the counter, "We're gonna get it in cold hard."

"Well, I have to send you to the warehouse. I have the money there. Is that all right?"

"Where's this warehouse?"