The deal

I never would have thought that I would be trapped in an amazing beach house in Guadeloupe with the Camrons, but without Sarah. But here I am, leaning in a doorway watching Rafe talk to his father, who's in the same condition I was in about a month ago.

That's right, I haven't seen my brother, my friends, or my boyfriend in over a month. I don't know how long I was out, but I do know the last time I saw them, I didn't even get to talk with them.

"Doc said you're doing good and getting better. Don't worry, in the meantime, me and Bella are already taking care of buisness." Rafe said turning his head to look at me as I smiled at him.

It's sweet how he is with Ward, I never want Rafe to change. Well, I don't want him to change how he is with the ones he loves, I want him to fix the whole drug and killing people problem.

"We've almost got the new papers ready, you know? Passports, bank accounts. We got this...I got this. Okay? Just like you taught me. I got it all planned out. Alright, I do."

"Not Rose. She doesn't know what the hell she's doing." I laughed making Rafe chuckle as I walked into the room placing my arms around Rafe's neck and my chin on top of his now shaved head.

"Listen, the gold's in the vault. Just like you left it, and I'm dealing with the cross. Okay? You'll see for yourself when you wake up." Rafe mumbled patting my shoulder as I let go of him and we walked out of the room, closing the door as we did so.

"You're doing great you know." I mumbled grabbing onto Rafe's hand as he started walking up the stairs.

"And you're not?" Rafe asked stepping down the stair he was standing on, "Bella, as much as I hate them, you lost you're family and I'm the reason."

"I know..." I mumbled as I grabbed his hand, "I know, okay? But you're here with me at least right? You didn't drop me in the middle of the ocean, you didn't try to explode me."

"Yeah sorry about that." He mumbled scratching the back of his head as I smiled.

"Don't worry about it. I'm a pouge, I won't die." I smiled.

"A Routlage never dies." He smiled, and I'm surprised he said it, I had a hard time believing that I wasn't just imagining things.

"Yeah." I smiled tilting my head slightly.

"Hey um, me and Rose got a buisness thing to deal with, do you maybe wanna whip down the cross?"

"Yeah, yeah of course." I smiled and nodded as he kissed my forehead and walked away.

"You're a life saver." He shouted pointing at me as he walked into the other room.

"Clearly." I mumbled sarcastically, "I can save other people's lives but when it comes to my own, I get trapped with people that tried to kill me."

I quickly whipped the cross down, because I could hear Rafe and Rose greeting people in the other room. Once I was done whipping it down I quickly covered it and walked upstairs to my room.

I sat down on my bed and just sat there quietly. It's something I do a lot when I'm not helping Rafe. I just sit there and think about the pouges, about my brother. Like are they safe? Did the make it back to obx? Was that Cleo on the boat shouting for me to jump?

I have so many questions. So many questions I doubt will ever get answered.

3rd person:

"I have a crazy idea. Why don't we call Bella?" Pope mentioned.

"She doesn't have a goddamn phone Pope!" JJ shouted.

"Also what are we suppose to say, Pope?" John b added.

"Say we're alive. She's probably worried to death about us, or at least about you and JJ!" Pope shouted.

"Although probably not so much Jb." Cleo mumbled under breath loud enough for only Pope to hear.

"JJ you haven't seen your sister in I don't know how long." Pope said looking towards JJ who was staring at the ground.

"She's probably dead." Sarah mentioned caushing JJ's jaw to tighten, "I mean Rafe and my dad have both tried to kill her in the past."