Chapter 4: The first night

CLAYTON POV

I post up while Jinx does the deal with one of the potential leads, I can't believe I got away with snagging Y/N's sniper rifle, I knew he would let me borrow it but I gotta uphold my speed, no time to ask. My phone then buzzes so I press my earpiece to answer the call.

Clayton: Yellow?

Y/N: Clayton! How's Zaun?

Clayton: Ah Y/N, it's good you were right, I blended in as soon as they saw my mask bro.

Y/N: So it is still intimidating, good to know you goofy ass. You took my rifle or something again, I notice its missing from my bag?

Clayton: Finders keepers, I needed it bro, there's too many high structures to stand on.

I watch as Jinx shakes his hand. I wait until his head is exposed.

Y/N: So I was hanging out with the girls yesterday.... and.... *his voice turns into white noise as I try to focus*

*BANG* *BULLET CRACKING THROUGH THE AIR* I see his chest pop open. Maybe a .50 cal was a little overboard, naaaah. I then give Jinx the go ahead and she picks his pockets, taking the hard drive that had the evidence on it.

Y/N POV

I hear a loud bang on the other end of the line.

Clayton: Sorry L/N I was working what was that? *pant pant*

Y/N: Ah, I got you, I'll talk about it when you get back.

I hang up and think for a moment. Damn, I'm never getting that rifle back. Welp, time to get ready for another day. I toss my jacket on the back of the chair and begin to undress. I walk inside the bathroom to take a shower and I notice some of Seraphine's beauty products are still in here. I shrug and hop in the shower, as I do that, I look down at my bullet scars. Fuck, I've been through a lot. Why stop now?

FLASHBACK

Will: Ahhh The Royal Casino! Well, not about to be royal anymore.

Everyone including myself laughs

I put the demolition charge on the wall and blow open the wall. I swear the security guards got whiplash because killing them was a breeze. 

*BANG, racks a shell, BANG, racks another one, BANG*

Me and Clayton walk forward shot gunning every single one of them as the bag handlers in the back are following close behind.

Will and Warren get out the fake keycards we got to bypass their security as we cover them. A guard then walks up behind us, I react quickly and strike him to the ground, I look into his eyes as he pleads for his life, that was one of the moments where I regretted what I did for a living. I looked him dead in the eyes with the barrel pointed at his nose.

*BANG* My vision starts to fade.

FLASHBACK END

I snap back to reality staring at the bathroom wall, the warm shower was doing nothing as my breathing ramped up. I think this is my curse, I'm stuck with my horrible past self for the rest of my life, I can't move on, no matter how hard I try. I just curl up in a ball on the shower floor for about a couple minutes to hopefully regain my composure.

I slowly get up and turn the shower off, I wipe myself down with the towel and throw my boxers on. I glance at the alarm clock, 1:03 AM. I take out my Bluetooth speaker and start blasting some music as I prepare for tomorrow. Going Back to Cali by Biggie Smalls comes on. I mumble the lyrics.

Y/N: I'm going, back back, to Cali Cali...

I unzip my bag and spread it out on the dresser, my guns are organized by size. I start with the carbine rifle, I make sure the suppressor is screwed on right and I cock it. Next the shotgun, I pump it to make sure it works, I lay it next to the rifle. I take out my auto-pistol, I cock it and make sure the mag fits right in it, as the mag is rather large. I toss it on the bed, I'm sleeping with that tonight. I check my backup pistol, I reload it just in case I need it. I then take out my knife, I admire the blade and can see my eyes in it's reflection. I notice the sniper rifle spot is empty, Clayton god damn it. He was a good thief, that's why I worked with him for so long.