Chapter 34: Helping an old friend

Y/N POV

It's been about a week since Sera came home, and I haven't felt any pain in my legs, I hope Shen can give me some good news. I crutch out of the room and am greeted by him drinking coffee at the table. 

Shen: Ah! Y/N! Take a seat. 

I plop into a chair, I can't be asked, my arms are sore from lifting yesterday. 

Shen: Looks like your legs should be healed up, how do they feel?

Y/N: Well, stiff, but no pain at all. 

Shen: Very well, then you won't be needing those crutches anymore I imagine, but I'll let you keep them, the braces, I need those. 

He quickly rips apart the braces and throws them back in his doctor's bag like some magician. I slowly get up, and voila, I am now standing on my own two feet, fuck yeah. 

The girls in the lounge just clap, Seraphine is nowhere to be seen, shit. 

Y/N: You guys seen Sera?

The girls all shake their heads. 

Y/N: Damn, well, thanks Doc, I appreciate everything you did for me. 

Doc nods, finishes his coffee, and shakes my hand.

Shen: Hit me up if you need anything Y/N, I'd be happy to help.

He walks off, heading to the elevator. I actually WALK to Sera's room, knocking on the door.

Sera: Go away... I want to be left alone. 

Y/N: You know I can't do that, I'm the solutions agent. My job is to make sure you're not like this. Open the door, please...

Sera: No, I can't... Y/N I know you're trying to help but... *sigh*

The concert that they planned has postponed, Sera needs us right now. 

I go to open it, but the door is locked, I'm not kicking it. I never thought I'd need to use this again. I take out my lockpick...

FLASHBACK

It's just another day... it's just another...

The music from the bar is just deafening enough, I jimmy with the door, but it doesn't budge.

Clayton: Lockpick, here let me show you.

Clayton goes at it for like a couple seconds and opens it. Another door is in front of the other one, who the fuck designed this safe room?

Clayton holds it out to me for my turn. I snag it from his hands and adjust it.

Y/N: Alright, it's faster to kick it though. 

Clayton: Faster, yeah, but not necessary.

I was probably there for a good hour, some people thought we were the maintenance crew, which sucked, I was looking forward to shooting somebody.

FLASHBACK END

I crack in just a couple seconds, finally beating Clayton's record. 

Y/N: Yesssss...

Seraphine yelps as the door swings open.

Sera: I said NO! *sobs*

I walk in and close the door, Bel, you better help me out here. I'm gonna say what you said to me.

I sit down next to her, and she clings on to me, guess she just needs someone, anyone right now. I wrap my one arm around her and rest my head on her head. She is shorter than me, just like the other girls, but she's fun sized. What that means? No idea, Frank said that once.