Chapter 24: All broken up

Dw nobody is breaking up. Y/N is just a bit messed up after jumping off a building.

Y/N POV

Doctor Shen: Well, it looks like nothing is too out of place, I made sure to put casts on the things that were the most broke, as far as the tailbone goes, just be easy for the next couple days, no running, use those crutches if you HAVE to walk. My recommendation is to chill on a couch and take it easy these next couple of weeks.

Wait, weeks!? Shit, Doc knows best, I guess. I did break my one arm and wrist, and both my legs. I'm surprised I didn't need surgery after my fall. Guess my body is reinforced with steel or some shit.

Y/N: Thanks Doc, I'll try my best to take it easy. Thankfully this case is at a standstill. 

Shen taps me on the shoulder.

Doctor Shen: Oh please, any friend of Mundo is a friend of mine. 

Y/N: Mundo, where did you even find this guy? Every doctor I see wouldn't be able to patch something half as bad, let alone a 50-story fall. 

Shen just laughs, I can tell he takes pride in his work.

Mundo: Mundo thinks you need Mundo to repeat. Mundo has a mastery.

Y/N: Fair enough.

After that interaction with Eve, I couldn't get up. Mundo came in after seeing us jump off the roof. Clayton was lucky, he got a new body. I wonder if I could just kill myself and get a new body. But I really don't want to experiment with that, every time I irresponsibly kill myself like that, it makes me feel like I don't deserve the power. 

Bel was great, as long as I was out, I had a dream I was at a concert with the girls, no kill stress, no flashbacks, I bet I could remember if I tried, but at least they won't bother me anymore. I think I'm finally to accept my company was built on bodies, that's okay for me, because I'm at the top of it at least.

My inner monologue gets interrupted by Clayton lugging me into the car, Mundo getting in the back. 

Clayton: That Shen guy had a nice house, very artsy.

Mundo: Yeah, Mundo knows Shen is very successful, we like to meet at his house to avoid hospital charges, Mundo knows Shen doesn't mind. 

Clayton: Always good to have a doctor friend that keeps things out of the books. Hey, how you doing my silent friend?

Y/N: Fuck, man. Just fuck.

Clayton: *Chuckles* Well, let's get you back to the penthouse, you'll have all the loving from the girls that you could ever want. 

Mundo: You have been too good for us Y/N, please just relax. Mundo guesses Seraphine doesn't have any other material as you destroyed it all. Once again, no work, relaxation. 

Clayton puts his hand on my bad shoulder, making me wince.

Clayton: I see you up and about trying to work, I'm breaking your fingers so you can't fire your gun.

Y/N: Noted, definitely noted. Why are you so pissy today bro?

Clayton grumbles.

Clayton: Me and Sarah finally decided on how we were going to do the wedding, until I had to throw you off the building and babysit your corpse for the rest of the night. 

Clayton goes silent and takes a sigh.

Clayton: We're getting married at her bar in Zaun, it's going to be more rustic. We're kissing that bar goodbye by getting married in it.

Y/N: I'm really happy for you buddy, really, I am. I thought I was going to get married first, but I can tell you guys were made for each other. Both business all the time, can't wait.