Chapter 11: Lux Club leak

Y/N POV

God dammit, I knew I shouldn't have acted on those urges, they are what make me who I am, but this is insanity. Why do I take such joy in killing? Should I even question it anymore? I can still see Kayn's eyes before I put three bullets into him, this just adds to the kill stress...

FLASHBACK

I check the magazine in my assault rifle as I get ready for a wave of SWAT officers. I hear them stomping around the door as I await their entrance. Clayton is over there frantically packing the last painting into his bag before we leave the mansion.

Clayton: Alright, I'm packed up, let's go.

The door busts open and multiple SWAT guys come in. Without hesitation I open fire.

*BRRRRRR*

I shoot two of them almost simultaneously and then run to cover behind the counter. I wait for them to stop firing before popping up again and almost lasering four of them in the head, their helmets couldn't stop anything. 

I felt joyous pride as I killed people just trying to do their job. The money added to my happiness, because this job is surely paying off. I walk outside after killing six men and I open fire on the police trying to keep us from leaving. 

*BRRRRRR*

My bloodlust is finally quenched, as everyone around me is dead, apart from Clayton, but he's the bag handler for this run.

Clayton: Damn, we didn't have to-

Y/N: Get to the car.

FLASHBACK END

I wake up all sweaty as I am staring at my reflection in the mirror in the bathroom, still haven't went in the shower yet. I don't even recognize myself anymore, I'm becoming someone I once was, not who I am. 

I throw my bloody clothes in Seraphine's laundry basket; I've been using it since she isn't here anymore. I begin to turn on the water and hop in the shower. I close my eyes, trying to forget what just happened. 

I hear Kayn screaming.

Kayn: AAAAAAH!!! *Whispers* Please...

I used to enjoy these thoughts, now I am fucking terrified. I look down and the bloody water runs clear, it's all gone. I look at my knuckle and it is all scratched and bruised. I turn off the water and throw on a bathrobe, I'm too tired to throw on actual clothes. I shut the bathroom door and I'm greeted by someone.

Akali: Y/N... I'm, I'm so sorry!!!

She starts to cry; she doesn't know that I already took care of it.

I walk over to Akali and pull her into a hug, letting her bury her face in my chest.

Y/N: I know it wasn't your fault, shhh, it's alright.

I gently stroke her hair, trying to comfort her.

Akali: N-no it's not alright! He's still out there! That fucking per-pervert!

Y/N: No he's not, I took care of it. Don't worry, I'm here as long as you need me.

Her breathing is starting to calm down and her crying is starting to simmer. This reminds of the reason why I do things like this, it isn't about the money anymore. It's about giving these people someone that can make them happy and help deal with their problems, it's about hope. Although in this case, it's about love for these girls.

Y/N: Just know, I still love you.

She looks at me all teary eyed.

Akali: I L-Love you too, I always will.