Chapter 38: Who's the victim?

Y/N POV

I've been sitting on the couch for the past hour, I figure I don't need to work out since the girls already took care of that this morning. Well, I'm not complaining. 

The leads on Jhin have not been very good. Every time I think about the leads, they end up taking me nowhere, I feel like finding him is going to be impossible, I figure I'd just let him find me. I started to realize it wasn't Sera who really started this thing, but it was Jhin.

I'd only want to ask him why, why he did it. I don't know if it was something to do with the girl's image, like he was jealous of their fame? I knew in the news he likes to kill people and make the nastiest pieces of art out of their bodies on live television, but he can't still be around after doing something like that, can he? 

I don't know what his next moves are, or even if he's still around, because last time I looked at the news, I was the only one killing stuff. Now that I think about it though, why did Sera take me to that older theater? The stories say he'd love a place like that, huh. I don't want to mention this around her though, she's finally happy, and I'm sure hearing that name will trigger some things for her. 

I look over to Sera, who's laying against the one side of the couch, now putting her feet on my lap. I browse through my phone for potential leads that Clayton found, boy got married over that one month and is still working just as diligently as before. That bachelor party was insane.

Kali then leans over the couch and says it out loud, thanks babe, I appreciate it.

Kali: "The Golden Demon", sounds like an edgy gamertag or something. What are you lookin' at that for babe?

Sera gasps and immediately curls up in a ball. I sigh, scooting over to her. 

Kali: What? What happened? Sera who is that?

Kali goes over and starts rubbing her back. She slowly peeks her head up, eyes watering. 

Kera: That's... t-that's... my ex...

Kali hugs her as Sera starts to cry. 

Kali: Ugh, I'm sorry Sera I had no idea...

Sera: It's alright... the less I think about him the better...

Y/N: Which is why I'm trying to find him. 

Sera: But... why? Why would you want to find that psychopath?!

Kali: Because Y/N is a bigger psychopath. Right babe?

Y/N: Yeah, he likes to kill people for art? Destroy lives, inspire fear into people? I'm gonna hunt him down and kill him. Like the little vermin that he is.

Sera yelps. 

Sera: Y/N! No... you can't... He'll kill you!

Kali: Clearly, you haven't been with him long enough...

Sera: What?! I totally have, I know he's capable but he's a nice guy!

Ahri droops over the couch, landing on the other side of it. 

Ahri: He's immortal, Sera baby. 

Y/N: If I die, I just go talk to my handler in the void, and boom, I'm back!

Sera: So, you come from the void?

Y/N: No, I am not a void-ling, I don't think so anyway. I was born normally, raised normally, but then when I died, I didn't end up in an afterlife, I ended up in the void. Now my eyes flicker purple when I sleep.

Sera: Interesting... but like... do you have to kill him?

Y/N: Do like it that he's still out there and capable?