chapter 13

Isabella

this hotel we checked into had two king size beds, no connecting rooms, so I get the pleasure of choosing who to share a bed with! lovely. note the sarcasm

our final destination in the states is Albany, NY, and so this just happens to be a little visit!

The city is cool, when we finished breakfast, we took a walk around the block, and we were on 6th avenue, Versace, Chanel, all the designer brands were all in this block.

for an outfit today, I wore blue long sleeve polo shirt, paired with athleta black leggings that has the phone holders.

the cold morning brisk air touches my face as we exit from the revolving doors, we took a left and my brothers were wearing their, black aesthetic...

for the record, they know fashion, and know how to make themselves look great, Alaric definitely looks better when he's silent and doesn't run his mouth like he does

While walking around the city, we met some homeless people along the way, and Silas was quick to pull me into his side as we passed the area where homeless people were prominent.

"I'm not a kid you know.." I muttered as Silas has his arms around me while we walked.

he doesn't respond to the comment I made, so I just kept looking about, then according to Silas he let's me loose as we are in the clear from those people.

I felt bad for those people.. I seen them all the time growing up in the poor neighborhood.. but I don't want to cause another scene.

we stopped at Versace for the hell of it, and since my brothers were slow, i made an entrance to the store... the person who is the sales assistant ? maybe? she gave me the most judgmental facial expression.

"sorry, it looks like Express is down 2 blocks" the woman says, and I couldn't control myself.

"I came here." I stated, standing my ground, what's wrong with my outfit?

"how old are you?" she proceeds to ask, still having that judgmental look.

"I'm 14, is that an issue?"

"well.. it isn't really ideal for kids to be in here"

"excuse me?" my face began to feel hot as I furrow my brows.

where are they?

"where are your parents?"

"dead" i say in the most monotonous way possible, and the expression on her face was hilarious.

"baby, sorry we were busy reading something posted on the door" the voice of Silas comes from behind.

and... now, that store clerk lady sees that I am not alone, her face completely changed.