chapter 27

Silas

horror. everything I knew was erased from my mind, and after being discharged from the hospital I felt this unknown heartache, I stared at the young girl before me as I asked her a question regarding the picture. 

I recognized myself in that photo..somehow the little toddler in there didn't register in my brain. 

my head and heart felt like it was in a constant battle with each other, my heart felt a tug towards the young girl before me, and yet my brain was telling me to get that girl out of my sight. 

"..That is me" she murmurs as she stares at me hesitantly, I could feel a headache brewing, I wasn't sure why it always occurred with her, and not the other man in this household.. 

"You must be confused, because I would remember" I told her and she just shifts uncomfortably under my gaze, "very well, I apologize for entering your room without permission" I spoke and she was quick to forgive me, "..I need to change" she suddenly says and after a delayed reaction I felt red in the face, "right. forgive me," I removed myself out of her room at a quick pace, and I am met with the other man in the household, "you're Alaric right?" I sounded and he nods as he acknowledges me, "then tell me, what is that young girl's name?" I questioned and him too was shifting uncomfortably under my gaze, "Isabella" he utters and my heart begins to hurt as I clench onto my chest, the other man, Alaric helps me gain my balance as he helps with resting me on a chair somewhere in the hallway, "You're still recovering and weak" he tells me and I nodded but why do I feel like such a stranger in my own home? 

Alaric 

and she still won't talk to me. 

it's so weird to see Silas under a new light of him needing my assistance, the Silas we knew would be slapping himself if he ever caught himself needing assistance. 

it broke my heart when he was asking about his princess. 

I suppose your memory erases the one you cherish the most, and it must be why he doesn't get headaches when he sees me. 

although, when I did try to explain to him that I am his younger brother he was adamantly denying that and telling me that I'm just confused, and I've happened to overhear the conversation between the two in her bedroom, and I can only imagine the expression she held. 

her once beloved papa denying her 

I really wasn't sure which hurts more, him being gone or him forgetting who we were, I wasn't sure which hurt the most? 

I'm only praying to god that he recovers before her birthday, because this birthday means the world to her and... I'd want him to be a witness of such an event. 

right now it's June 21st, 2032 and her birthday is on August 15th..knowing that's how long we have to get him to recover, it was going to take a team effort... but first step is to get her to speak with me again. 

We've been living on eggshells while Silas has been back, and I wasn't sure how to behave, still, it felt like a tore between our family. 

I have many undying questions to ask him regarding who he worked for and what happened? while lost in my thoughts, I noticed izzy leaning against a wall with her knees pulled to her chest, and with a sympathetic expression I knelt down to her level. 

"..princess I know you're displeased with me, but just trust me on this ok? I hate this as much as you do" I quickly utter before she has the chance to run away from me, which always stung me.