chapter 38

Isabella 

Ah yes, Winter break has finally arrived and I was looking forward to a chill and uneventful week, is what I had in mind, right? 

currently it was about 10 at night and I was really thirsty so I emerged out of my bedroom but then I hear some noises coming from my brother's room, and I almost got PTSD from the last time I barged in without knocking, but thankfully the dimly lit hallway made things more clear. 

I saw a unfamiliar figure wrapped in some sort of towel as they were looking around as if they just finished killing someone because as they emerged out of Silas's room, they turned to make their exit but then I caught a glimpse of who it was. 

What is the head chef doing with my brother? is the first thing that came to mind as I noticed it was Aubree... 

out of reaction I gasped and I hid myself quickly as she's now looking to see where the noise emits from and all of sudden I wanted to crawl in a hole. 

...if she's doing what I think she's doing - so she's had the hots for my brother. I couldn't get the image out - so was that her? that night when I - oh. my . god. 

I returned back to my bedroom, already losing my thirst, as I was now conflicted with newfound emotions. 

b-but she's the head chef ! I've known her since I've arrived at this estate, and she makes the best damn foods, I mean at least she knows how to cook right? I wonder - wait are they dating? 

I must have been so sleep deprived that I was hallucinating things but wrong. 

the next morning, I got dressed and all changed then as I make my move down the hallway I see her again - but then I notice my brother. 

the two looked like they were in a serious conversation before she nodded and departs down the staircase, I hide behind the wall leading to another hallway hoping my brother wouldn't catch me. 

I waited five minutes before making my entrance down the stairs, I mean my brother would obviously tell me.. right? 

so I made it to the dining hall and I saw papa sitting at the head of the table, and I was walking with elegance knowing that this would be the time he'd tell me. 

"Good morning, baby" he murmurs as he helps me into my seat, and I mumble a good morning, before being fully seated. 

then I see Aubree emerging out of the kitchen area with a cart full of our breakfast, and I closed my eyes as I brace myself for the news. 

but nothing, "thank you, Aubree. the food looks great" is what I hear papa say as I opened my eyes to witness any form of affection but she nods curtly before returning back inside the kitchen. 

well? what the flip. 

"Uh papa so anything new with you?" I ask him politely as I dig into my French toast, then he looks at me with his well known calm looks, "mhm, just the usual" he responds as he takes a bite of the toast. 

"papa if something new was to happen, you would tell me right?" I give him a sweet fake smile, pressing into him hoping he'd fess up. 

"Of course, princess, you'd be the first person to know" he gives me that reassuring smile. 

First person to know, my ass. I almost scoff at the idea, but I remembered that he doesn't know that I know.. if that makes sense

 "oh I see, today is the first day of winter break" I start to say and he nods indicating for me to continue, so I proceed with my ramble.