chapter 22

Isabella

days seem to drag on, when your on the mend.

"alaric why are you like this" i ask, as he emerges into the home, i haven't seen him in a day or two, he probably doesn't know i've been sick... but whatever.

"izzy don't worry, i've given up on the idea" he tells me, just the other day he was so mad , and now he's calm about it.

still coughing a little, i continue my book,

it's been at least a week now, and I'm recovered, and my brother decides as celebration for my recovery we go out for dinner.

It loses its meaning when we go out a lot, but I still like meeting people.

I put on a U-neck black shirt, and a pleated skirt, I took a photo of my fit and sent the fit check to my friends.

while we walked towards the restaurant, we gone for thai cuisine, and honestly I'm in the mood for them.

my brothers walk next to my side, as I'm smack middle of the two gigantic humans.

I enjoy having personal bodyguards, don't have to worry about anything.

as we get towards the entrance, papa opens the door for us, and we have a reservation for three.

the interior is amazing, the dragon mural paintings, along with dimly lit room, the booths were to go.

as habit, I will always sit next to papa as we sit down.

and that's just stuck with me, and I hate that.

I excused myself to use the restroom, and I used this as my time to plan my next moves.

I'll sit next to Alaric, and papa can't do anything about it.

when I slide into the booth, next to Alaric, papa gives the quizzical expression with one eyebrow cocked, and I try to ignore those emotions.

He clears his throat as he proceeds to ask if I've made my choice, and I am extremely picky so I went with the stir-fried wide noodle, chicken, and Chinese broccoli, and I had coconut fizz as a drink.

throughout the dinner, various glances were made towards my brothers, they don't even see me.

I look at my brothers, and I try to think what they see in them, all I see is a bunch of men in suit.

that's how I classify them as, its hard to think that these are my brothers..

Spring of my third grade, i nervously glance to my classmates, i had a project on my brothers, and I begin to present, "wait! You have brothers?" A classmate asks, i gulp, "i have two!" i boastfully say, and i concluded my project. when school is done, I walk down the sidewalk, dreading to meet him. Suddenly, the classmate comes next to me, "where are your brothers? Will we get to see them?" and I nodded.

I shake my head as I tried to erase that silly memory, I lied to those people.. I hope where ever they are now, they're doing great.

"bubs? what you thinking so hard about" Alaric nudges to my side, this brings me out of those thoughts, "my 3rd grade project" i mumbled, it was silly.

this was when I see Silas alert like he wants me to proceed, and Alaric tells me to explain.

"it's dumb, just a 8 year old project" i nonchalantly say, hoping they ease off the topic.

They don't.

"oh come on it couldn't be that bad" my second brother alaric says, and I let a sigh.

"fine. I based it on you guys." i already feel my face turning red, and papa is giving that weird expression.