sweet dreams (are made of this) | Hazel_Witch

Summary:

"D'you wanna sit on my face?" Katsuki blurts out before he can stop himself.

There's a long, weighted pause.

The whole room feels heavy with it, all four corners seeming to swoop in at once to smother him for being so fucking stupid.

Shit, he's an idiot. Shit, shit, shit -

"Yes please."

___________

Deku has bad dreams. Katsuki tries to cheer him up with his tongue.

Notes:

It's dekussy hours!

TW: Please do be aware that this piece contains AFAB language used throughout.

Deku doesn't say anything, but Katsuki knows he's awake.

It's pretty obvious from the sudden, full-body flinch on his side of the bed, followed by heavy, irregular breathing and a shifting of weight across the mattress.

Groggy with sleep, Katsuki stirs.

"Wha's up?"

There's silence for a couple of seconds, then a creak from the bed springs as Deku rolls to face him.

"Sorry, Kacchan," he whispers. "Bad dream."

"Mm."

That makes sense. Bad dreams are a regular occurrence in their household, nothing new there. Still, Katsuki cracks one eye open and tries to make out Deku's face in the darkness.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"No, it's okay. It was... dumb."

Deku's voice hitches on the final word, one of those long, shuddery breaths that mean he's been crying.

Shit. Katsuki frowns.

"Tell me."

Another long exhale whistles from between Deku's lips and there's the distinct sound of a wet swallow.

"Okay," he says. "Um, well..."

The bedclothes rustle.

"I dreamt that we were younger, back in the first year of UA... back when you... when you got hurt... except that when you woke up, I went to the hospital to see you and you didn't... you didn't know who I was. You didn't recognise me, Kacchan. You just had this look on your face, totally blank, like I was a complete stranger, and I -"

Deku cuts himself off, voice all thick like he's trying to speak through treacle.

"And I hated it," he says, slightly breathless. "I hated seeing you look at me like that."

A few heartbeats pass, Katsuki slicking his tongue across his bottom lip as he tries to think of the right thing to say. His thoughts are still sluggish with sleep and he can't quite seem to bully them into submission, can't quite make the right connections between his brain and his mouth in order to respond appropriately.

"That's stupid," is what he finally lands on.

And what he really means is: that's stupid, because you're seared into my memory like a brand. Or: that's stupid, because I could pick the real you out of a lineup of your clones with all the lights turned out.

Or: that's stupid, because I could never forget you, Deku. Not in a thousand different lifetimes.

Thankfully, Deku knows him well enough by now to understand the point.