Wolves made in Spite | CeramicToast (McAlli)

Summary:

Bakugo gets Midoriya out of a nasty situation by being a selfish prick.

Notes:

For mattiecrypt.

(See the end of the work for notes.)

"You have to take me back!"

It wasn't the first time that Izuku had made that demand, nor would it be the last. The camp had been listening to him for two days, staunchly ignoring him sans casting him exhausted or sympathetic glances. The bars of his cage were so sturdy that they didn't even rattle so it wasn't as though he could make too much of a nuisance of himself. All they had to do if he got too annoying was move his cage further away.

"No can do. Alpha's orders." His guard today was Shinsou, who was too busy picking the dirt from under his nails to even look at him. Izuku had known him for a while. He was a newer addition to the clan but he'd earned his place – the clan Alpha, Bakugo, had accepted him as kin a few years ago.

"You know this is ridiculous!" Izuku continued, trying and failing to get Shinsou to actually look at him. He tugged on the bars but there was no leeway, not even a creak. "If I don't show up at the Shigarakis within the week, they're going to think we're violating the peace treaty! Before it's even official!"

Shinsou pulled a knife from his belt and continued to try to clean under his stubborn pinky nail, "Relax, Midoriya. It's pretty obvious that someone attacked your carriage and stole you away. Everyone will know there's a third party involved, they just won't know which one. And there are so many bandits and such on the road that it'll be easy to blame them."

"Innocent people getting hurt on my behalf doesn't make me feel better." Izuku said sourly, "Do you think this is funny? Get me Kirishima, or Sero, or – Hell! Get me anyone who will listen to reason!"

"You didn't hear me." Shinsou finally looked up, pinning Izuku with his unnaturally violet eyes. The intense gaze made Izuku shiver and actually take a step back despite the fact that he was well protected inside his little prison. "... Alpha's Orders ."

Izuku huffed angrily. That meant that Bakugo had given a command, a truly undeniable order that no one in the clan could refuse unless they stood up to challenge him for his title. And no one would do that. No one was that stupid or ready to die. The fact that he'd gone that far to make sure Izuku stayed where he'd been put was more than a little nerve-wracking.

"You're being so difficult. You didn't even want to go." Shinsou finally left his perch and went to stand against the bars, leaning there too nonchalantly for the situation. "You know it was a trap. We all did. You were just going to be their bargaining chip."

"Now I'm just your clan's bargaining chip," Izuku shot back hotly.

"No way. We didn't want you to be a political prisoner."

"Removing me from the situation is only going to make everything worse!"

A new voice cut in, haughty and rough and so very familiar: "You think I give a shit about that?"

Izuku turned to look. There was Bakugo, tall and blond and muscular. He was wearing his red cloak, the one with the fur trim that made him look bigger than he was. Izuku rolled his eyes at the sight.

"So, what, you're just going to destabilize the country for fun?"

Bakugo tilted his head back, looking down his nose at Izuku, and grinned sharply, showing all his teeth. Shinsou shrank back a little in Izuku's periphery even though the look wasn't directed at him.